Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Education resources for learning electrical?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been lurking around these forums for quite some time, but my first post isn't about Tesla. Odd. EVs have been at the forefront of my mind for years, since watching a lead acid one-seater someone built in my small town drive by as a kid. I have had a Leaf since 2013, a Volt since 2014, and have been obsessively following Tesla's work since the Roadster days. Obsessed with EVs yet my only knowledge of electricity is that if everything works properly, when you plug something into an outlet it powers on whatever you have plugged in. My knowledge is like John Madden's obvious commentary, but of electricity.

I am always stretching to educate myself on a variety of subjects between my insane (but not Musk-level ludicrous) work schedule and typical father-to-a-toddler/husband tasks. Anybody know of books, podcasts, websites that can provide material from "101" on? It would probably be a good idea to understand the basics of how my car and future cars function. And when I get solar installed at my business by Q4 I want to be a customer who understands what's happening, rather than just nodding my head dumbly and act like I know what's being said to me.