Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Tesla parts - 12V "switchpack"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TadasSa

Jun 11, 2012
I bought tesla roadster after the crash and trying to fix it. I found 12V "switchpach" which was damaged. Where i can get it pcb new?
IMG_20120612_175326.jpg
IMG_20120612_175335.jpg

Error ID 1416, Low Power System Service Required

Am now in the process of getting my switchpack replaced - these items appear to be quite finicky and need to be matched to the firmware (among other things?). One size does not fit all...:frown:

In my case, it began with Error ID 1416, Low Power System Service Required, which popped up sporadically several times - once while sitting locked & plugged in and a few times seemingly in response to the wakeup effect of unlocking & opening door prior to starting. After the first few msgs, no other symptoms observed and car started and drove normally. But last occurrence came with non-start condition with the old part while at the service center.

Would appreciate any thoughts on how the switchpacks work and/or evolved over time, given that I may have one of the oldest versions getting swapped now from a Founders Series car. (Feel free to PM if you do not want to post publicly).

Note to mods: please consider moving to Roadster Tech Discussion - I intended to post it there but missed the switch when threads were merged...apologies.

Last edited: