Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

23 Days: 4400 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model S in Denver as the last car of the day on December 20, and drove it home the next morning -- 350 miles to Southwest Colorado, over the Rockies.

Spent the next week packing up, and 2 days after Christmas hit the road ...to Seattle, Portland, the SF Bay Area (with a side trip to a factory tour -- highly recommended), to Vegas, and then home.

So, 4400 miles on the car the first 23 days. To say I "like" the car would be a gross understatement: it's a wonderful road car!

The only "problem" was driving at night, I noticed the headlights were aimed very poorly. Called the Bellvue (Wash.) SC on my way into town. They said I could bright it right in, and 45 minutes after parking I was on my way again (and yes, they confirmed the pointing was bad and fixed it).

TeslaFactory.jpg

Great update. That's a lot miles in a short amount of time.

I guess you practically lived in the car.

Actually no: it was parked in Seattle for several days. But when I was moving, I made good time: 10- to 12-hour days, which I could do because I was stopping every 90 minutes or so and walking around, resting my eyes, getting a bite -- and the fact that it's such an easy car to drive I wasn't exhausted. My wife joined me in NCal -- she wanted to go on the factory tour! -- but only did about 4 hours of the drive from there to home.

Congrats it's beautiful, great timing for your rain soaked western tour, windshield wipers hold up?

I was exceedingly lucky, weather-wise. While I did see snow, rain, and an inordinate amount of fog, I didn't get whacked by the heavy rain in Cal, and even managed to come down the I-5 between the two bad snow storms: the road was actually clear and even mostly dry. When I did go through the rain, the "adaptive" wipers were great, and totally silent.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Looks like you tinted the windows on your car? (The red one I assume?) That looks really nice with the red, how dark (%) did you go?

I have an appointment in a few weeks to get mine done and I don't want to make it so dark that night driving in challenging but dark enough to have some privacy/security.

How long did you two spend buffing the paint before you took this picture?

Not a moment! The blue one was pretty much brand-spankin' new, and I took mine through a car wash on my way to his house, since it was filthy from the drive (snow, etc.)

But we did use the Magic Camera(tm) that adds extra shine to Teslas! It also auto-retouches any scratches or dents. (Not that we have any.)