Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought new S 75D yesterday after tesla yesterday firesale overnight -$7500

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought new S 75D yesterday after tesla firesale overnight -$7500 discount -$1000 referral.
I was on the ropes and wasn't ready for purchase this month until I saw the discount...
Got new S 75D Blue with Tan Leather, Black Headliner, AP, and PANO.
Total came out to be $79,700 VIN 1582xx what also helped in my decision no sales tax in NJ! Was the first customer at the shop at 10am opening :) and was surprised there was no line... (I know people can order online, so could I but wife needed a test drive and be behind the wheel)
Anyone else pulled the trigger on this Q3 end firesale?

darker123,

The $7500 discount is interesting. Was it available for ordering a car to be delivered in Q4, or just for what Tesla had in stock for delivery this month?

Did you take delivery of the car already? If not, when do you expect to get it?

Thanks,

GSP

darker123,

The $7500 discount is interesting. Was it available for ordering a car to be delivered in Q4, or just for what Tesla had in stock for delivery this month?

Did you take delivery of the car already? If not, when do you expect to get it?

Thanks,

GSP
It is not available for delivery Q4, you must take delivery from existing stock.. I will take delivery at end of them month. I guarantee you promotion will end as soon as 9/30/16 would roll in.
This is all done to move as many cars as possible before end of Q3 to show profitability, so TSLA can do additional stock offering.

Congratulations on your purchase!

I would be tempted of changing my delayed order to an available inventory model but I'm in the process of refinancing and don't want to take on another loan until after I close on the new mortgage. There are some amazing deals out there. While the current reduced prices are already available, @DÆrik Solutions should have those big discounts pointed out on telsaInventory.com later today.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Drucifer and GSP
image.png

Finally upgraded my old 85 to a 75D. That extra discount swayed my decision. Anyone else upgrading? 52 miles and that much of a discount What is the best improvement over the original?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    454.9 KB · Views: 283
Great buy!

Congratulations on your purchase!

I would be tempted of changing my delayed order to an available inventory model but I'm in the process of refinancing and don't want to take on another loan until after I close on the new mortgage. There are some amazing deals out there. While the current reduced prices are already available, @DÆrik Solutions should have those big discounts pointed out on telsaInventory.com later today.

How did you find it?

We show discounts on all vehicles in Teslas file (what they have listed on their website). Some are discounted $17,000 for a brand new car! A lot of cars are great deals at the moment.

Check out this link for more details on the discounts. Filtered Tesla Inventory Search: www.TeslaInventory.com

Thanks Erik

View attachment 195024
Finally upgraded my old 85 to a 75D. That extra discount swayed my decision. Anyone else upgrading? 52 miles and that much of a discount What is the best improvement over the original?

Interesting it says you have a tire upgrade, but that isn't one of the options when ordering online. If I could have gotten 19" Michelins I would have. Mine came with Goodyear tires.

This is the new normal, when supply outstrips demand, price is the main lever to move the metal. The "deals" are likely to get far sweeter from here. No great for residuals or resale.

Or, and this is just spit-balling here, they really really really really want to have a profitable Q3, and supply and demand are fine, but they want to shift sales forward to meet this goal.

Actually, it's not spit-balling, it's pretty well borne out by the leak of the Elon internal email.

Reactions: esk8mw
Or, and this is just spit-balling here, they really really really really want to have a profitable Q3, and supply and demand are fine, but they want to shift sales forward to meet this goal.

Actually, it's not spit-balling, it's pretty well borne out by the leak of the Elon internal email.

Very disingenuous to investors. Not fun to acquire new shares and have demand collapse because you artificially inflated demand in the previous quarter.

Bought new S 75D yesterday after tesla firesale overnight -$7500 discount -$1000 referral.
I was on the ropes and wasn't ready for purchase this month until I saw the discount...
Got new S 75D Blue with Tan Leather, Black Headliner, AP, and PANO.
Total came out to be $79,700 VIN 1582xx what also helped in my decision no sales tax in NJ! Was the first customer at the shop at 10am opening :) and was surprised there was no line... (I know people can order online, so could I but wife needed a test drive and be behind the wheel)
Anyone else pulled the trigger on this Q3 end firesale?
and this is for a brand new car? or a show room car that was slightly used?