Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2019 MX with Enhanced Autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
new to the board. Bought a m3 a few weeks ago and my stepdad drove it. He test drove the s and x and liked it the best.

He ordered a new one today with autopilot. The Tesla rep told him they had one in stock with eap. I told him it had to be a late model. He said no, it was 2019.

Don’t get this? Thought eap was for older models? What are the advantages/disadvantages? Thanks for your thoughts.

For clarification he’s getting a new X. When do they plan to ship hw3in the X?
HW3 is in production but you need to try to confirm that an inventory Tesla you are purchasing has it installed. And the salespeople do not know. Which is to say, it can be difficult to confirm with certainty.

However, unless you plan to upgrade to FSDC in the future, it doesn’t matter. An EAP car won’t benefit from having HW3, as far as I know (but I could be wrong).

Keep in mind that anyone who says they does know, with certainty, is actually speculating unless they work for Tesla and are part of the Auto Pilot team.

• Informative
Reactions: r0xx0r
HW3 is in production but you need to try to confirm that an inventory Tesla you are purchasing has it installed. And the salespeople do not know. Which is to say, it can be difficult to confirm with certainty.

However, unless you plan to upgrade to FSDC in the future, it doesn’t matter. An EAP car won’t benefit from having HW3, as far as I know (but I could be wrong).

Keep in mind that anyone who says they does know, with certainty, is actually speculating unless they work for Tesla and are part of the Auto Pilot team.

I doubt this. Freeway driving is mostly there, but still has needs some improvement.

Elon said that HW2.x cannot run full frames on all cameras, and essentially needs to “budget” it’s computing power. Elon also said that 2.x is running at about 80% capacity, which I can only assume is with budgeting.

Although Tesla may not like to admit it, I think HW3.0 would make freeway driving a lot more stable and safer, since the car can harness the true potential of every single camera.

Reactions: Gen3
Since HW3 was only recently been reported in cars, after the AP/EAP rebranding, it's reasonable to assume that any inventory X with EAP does not have HW3.

I'd run the inventory car price against a custom build and decide if the savings is worth it. He should be able to get FSD added to the inventory build and if the price is right that would include the HW3 upgrade.

. I’ve seen a few Model 3 owners asking account managers. They have reported $3,000 upgrade to FSD. what will end up happening is that whatever price you see on your account, you will pay, and have a partial refund. Tesla’s original FSD price was 4,000 but owners still saw $5k. They were refunded for the $1,000.

. I’ve seen a few Model 3 owners asking account managers. They have reported $3,000 upgrade to FSD. what will end up happening is that whatever price you see on your account, you will pay, and have a partial refund. Tesla’s original FSD price was 4,000 but owners still saw $5k. They were refunded for the $1,000.
They have reported $3,000 upgrade to FSD. what will end up happening is that whatever price you see on your account, you will pay, and have a partial refund.