Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
Welcome to the 2019 Investors' Roundtable. This year, we are not going to try to split discussions between a "Market Action" and a "General" thread, as years of experience has shown all are too enthusiastic about putting their opinions and observations in a fairly random dispersion.

So post here - but as a specific topic gets discussed over a series of posts, we'll split it off to its own thread; this Master Thread will serve as the catch-all unless and until such a pattern emerges.

Othermod: Even better if you split it out yourselves, don't wait for us. --ggr.

Until midnight on 31 December...in some time zone...this thread will remain locked. You are encouraged to post away in the 2018 threads until then, at which time those will be locked.

With the key thrown away!

Happy New Year, all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I accidentally killed the 2018 thread, here's a cross-post of that fateful missive.

Happy New Year, all! Here's to 2019, the year we see (my predictions...):

• The fabled $35k Tesla become reality
  • The Model Y (give it to me now!)
  • Gigafactory 1 next phase of build-out, and many more panels on top
  • Gigafactory 3 begin production (of something)
  • HW 3 and some minor FSD umbrella features (but definitely not FSD)
  • Tesla getting customer communications under control (where 'control' indicates at least third-grader aptitude)
  • Superchargers in North Dakota (see also: 2018, 2017, 2016)
  • The production Semi specs
  • Elon doing something amazing
  • Elon doing something incredibly stupid
What are your predictions?

Enjoy!

fb_img_1546317769765-jpg.365117

A happy new year everybody!

After years of sometimes quite emotional discussions with a very good friend of mine who is a Gas head and tends to repeat all the narrative from the media I managed now to convince him that Tesla is right now one of the best investments if you are in for 5 to 10 years.

A few months ago I put him into an S in a store and he loved it still did not drive it. We need to fix that....

Looks like he will invest in Tesla now.

That’s how a good year starts... we need more long term longs.

I spent the day at Santa Barbara Tesla store helping out. We had a very good turn out of buyers. Most of the time I was filling people in, after delivery, with the finer points of all the capabilities of the cars and how to use them. I had this one woman who was about 65. She went from a Leaf to a Model X P100D. Her favorite part? She was laughing hysterically about the farts!

So, here I am New Years eve. No party, no drinking but writing on this forum. Does that make me a loser?

Returned from a 10 minute 9:30 pm PST visit to Fremont Delivery Center.

Later will post a video walkthrough from the parking lot into and around the store, which was very crowded. I spoke to a volunteer outside on my way out. He said when he arrived at 6:30 pm, there were about 50% more people inside (packed) with people lined up outside just to register and get inside. There were countless "hosts" inside helping the customers when I was there. Through the windows driving away, I could see approx. 50+ people working backstage I imagine on paperwork, turning on AP, etc. Overheard one host apologizing to a customer it would be another 1 hour before they received their car.

I also took a 3-minute drive through the parking lot where they buffer the cars for FDC. What struck me was it is now almost empty compared to full when I drove through it late yesterday afternoon and posted this video (12/30/2018):

When you think about it, this makes sense. They moved A LOT of cars in the past 24 hours!

I recorded the 9:30 pm parking lot drive using the new Model 3 Dashcam feature. It creates a series of ten one minute videos when you press save. I will upload them tomorrow, but may not have time to combine them properly in a video editor.

On my way home, I found a Tesla "secret stash" further South on Fremont Blvd. where my wife estimated there are over 1,000 new Teslas parked. I drove through a neighboring parking lot so I could capture part of this huge parking lot using my Model 3 Dashcam. I will post this video tomorrow also.

It's 10:55 pm PST now so I am headed out again for my final visit of the evening. I live above the factory ~4 miles away so it is easy for me to drop in. I plan to stop by the Outbound Logistics Lot on my way back just after 1/1/2019 0000.0000!

Happy & Healthy New Year 2019 and the years beyond to all, including the Shorts! (Notice I didn't write Prosperous since the Shorts are included!) LOL

I spent the day at Santa Barbara Tesla store helping out. We had a very good turn out of buyers. Most of the time I was filling people in, after delivery, with the finer points of all the capabilities of the cars and how to use them. I had this one woman who was about 65. She went from a Leaf to a Model X P100D. Her favorite part? She was laughing hysterically about the farts!

So, here I am New Years eve. No party, no drinking but writing on this forum. Does that make me a loser?
Nope makes you a completely formed human.
A good one!