The wait for the coolest car Elon Musk has ever seen will be a bit longer.
Musk said on Twitter that the highly-anticipated Tesla Pickup, which was previously expected to debut during the summer, won’t be shown until “November most likely.”
Musk has said the company aims to build “something more functional than a [Ford] F-150, but a better sports car than a basic [Porsche] 911.”
“I think it’s the coolest car I’ve ever seen, to be frank,” Musk said of the truck that is said to have a “cyberpunk” design. “Not everyone may share that opinion, but worse-case scenario, we build a normal looking truck.”
Musk has said the pickup could be a mini version of the Semi. He previously tweeted about possible features including:
- All-wheel-drive with “crazy torque”
- A step that will lower for entry into the truck
- Room for six passengers
- 400 to 500 miles of range or “maybe higher”
- Dynamic suspension will come standard
- Power outlets with a 240-volt connection for power tools
“This is something that if you’re driving down the road it looks like it came out of a sci-fi movie,” Musk said.