TMC Member Matt Crowley planned to take his Porsche Cayman GT4 to the track on Sunday, but a check engine light kept the car in the garage. “So, why not try the Tesla Model 3 at Laguna?” he wrote in a post.
Here’s Crowley’s Model 3 setup:
– 2017 Tesla Model 3 (rear wheel drive, long range 310 mile, premium upgrades)
– 19″ TSportline cast wheels w/ Pirelli PZero Nero GT tires (PSI: 33 front / 35 rear)
– Lowered 1.5″ w/ ‘moderate’ springs from Unplugged Performance
– Weather: Mostly sunny skies. High around 55F (12.8°C). Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
– Charging: Monterey Supercharger in between sessions
Crowley made it four laps in the Model 3 before the brakes were roasted. Check out the video of his track day below.