Minnesota Tesla Club The warmest community amidst the coldest of places
GROUP GUIDELINES, RULES & REGULATIONS
Oct 11, 2012
These rules are in supplement to the official rules of conduct for TeslaMotorsClub.com ; violation of the rules will suffer disciplinary action within this TMC group or within the TMC site. Certain violations may also be punishable by law.
To verify you are sincere about being a member, we will do an email screening if you have a brand new TMC profile; if you have been using the forum for a while, we will use that to screen you. There is no requisite beyond that to join. If you're super-eager to join as quickly as possible, email one of the Minnesota Tesla Club administrators right away with your introduction.
The internet can be a scary place. It is important to do your part in this club to be welcoming, friendly, and mind your manners. Here are some examples of conduct that must be avoided:
- Aggressive interaction, threats, or harassment. If you're unsure if you're crossing a line here, contact club staff first; we will respect your privacy and your feelings.
- Pursuing others without their consent. It's hard to build relationships via the internet, and the world can be a lonely place. If you ask for further interaction outside the club and don't hear anything, it may be annoying, but it also means "no" in Minnesota. Contact club staff privately if you'd like a second opinion.
- Trolling and defamatory remarks. Everyone knows you're always right, but if you feel the overwhelming need to prove that to others in a manner that is judging, inflammatory, arrogant, or relentless, you are not making friends. If you just want someone to agree with you, feel free to contact club staff privately.
This is a club about Tesla vehicles. It is also a club with all kinds of people, so it is best to work with the expectation that individual sensitivities may vary from your own.
- Irrelevant advertising. If you are in the business of selling something that is useful to owners of Tesla vehicles, we welcome information about your business in the appropriate section. If you ask club staff first, you can get help and can facilitate paid advertisements if you like. If you don't ask for help and are undeniably irrelevant, this is immediate grounds for banning.
- Campaigning or solicitation. We are all passionate about our cars, and many are focused on the environment. Soliciting support for a political candidate may invite division in the club. Unless the solicitation is relevant to EV ownership or Tesla matters, it will be unwelcome. Likewise, solicitation for groups or initiatives that are outside the domain of the club are unwelcome. Ask for club staff input before posting.
- Inappropriate language. If you can't control your language on a keyboard, although we understand the intensity of your feelings, we will not tolerate your lack of moderation.
- Inappropriate media. Images and recordings that are filthy, vile, inhumane, crude, or vulgar are not tolerated.
By accessing this group, you agree to the TMC Terms of Service.