Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor “X-Care EV Protection” - First 3rd Party Service Agreement for Model S, Model X and Model 3!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to post an excellent conversation and interaction I had with a fellow named Brent at XcelerateAuto on X-Care. Here's some background for context:

I bought a Model 3 used from Tesla in May of this year. It had 40k miles on it, but Tesla gave the extra 10k miles of warranty since I bought from them, so my car is covered up to 60k miles on the "factory" warranty. Fast forward to today, and after about 4 months of ownership, I have put 10k miles on the car, and I am sitting at 51,700-ish miles. So I am considering an extended warranty because I use this car A LOT for work.

I see this thread, phone up Xcelerate and talk to Brent. We talked about plans, and they have a plan that is 4 years / 100k miles that was a really good price. Here's where it gets nice. Brent mentioned that their plans start coverage on contract date, so if I started today. I would only have coverage out to 51,700 + 100k = 151,700 miles. Which is still really great.....but Brent advised that since I have warranty with Tesla out to 60k, the best thing to do would be to wait till I got closer to that 60k mark and THEN buy X-care, that way I would get coverage a little longer, potentially out to 160k.

To me, this REALLY speaks volumes about the company. I was ready and willing to buy that warranty today when he told me the price. But, he forgone making a quick sale in favor of advising me that I'd get more value for my money by waiting until I got closer to the end of my 60k Tesla warranty and THEN buying X-care. This is how you do business. With me driving so many miles per month, I'll probably be at 60k in maybe another 2 or 3 months.

We exchanged contact info, and he sent me an email. I will most definitely be purchasing an X-care warranty from these guys in a few months as I get close to that 59k - 60k mile deadline. This company is different than all other car warranty companies, in a really good way.

I just wanted to post an excellent conversation and interaction I had with a fellow named Brent at XcelerateAuto on X-Care. Here's some background for context:

I bought a Model 3 used from Tesla in May of this year. It had 40k miles on it, but Tesla gave the extra 10k miles of warranty since I bought from them, so my car is covered up to 60k miles on the "factory" warranty. Fast forward to today, and after about 4 months of ownership, I have put 10k miles on the car, and I am sitting at 51,700-ish miles. So I am considering an extended warranty because I use this car A LOT for work.

I see this thread, phone up Xcelerate and talk to Brent. We talked about plans, and they have a plan that is 4 years / 100k miles that was a really good price. Here's where it gets nice. Brent mentioned that their plans start coverage on contract date, so if I started today. I would only have coverage out to 51,700 + 100k = 151,700 miles. Which is still really great.....but Brent advised that since I have warranty with Tesla out to 60k, the best thing to do would be to wait till I got closer to that 60k mark and THEN buy X-care, that way I would get coverage a little longer, potentially out to 160k.

To me, this REALLY speaks volumes about the company. I was ready and willing to buy that warranty today when he told me the price. But, he forgone making a quick sale in favor of advising me that I'd get more value for my money by waiting until I got closer to the end of my 60k Tesla warranty and THEN buying X-care. This is how you do business. With me driving so many miles per month, I'll probably be at 60k in maybe another 2 or 3 months.

We exchanged contact info, and he sent me an email. I will most definitely be purchasing an X-care warranty from these guys in a few months as I get close to that 59k - 60k mile deadline. This company is different than all other car warranty companies, in a really good way.
I had such a nice chat with you, and appreciate your posting this! Our Northstar at Tesla is to always protect our community, and if that means advising someone to put off their purchase to maximize their benefit, then its the right thing to do. We protect OUR community, and our members deserve nothing less than transparency, honesty and true advocacy. Looking forward to getting your coverage set up, and appreciate the shout out! -Brent [email protected]

Reactions: CubedRoot
I hear this a lot. "I just bought my EV, so I don't have to think about an extended warranty for a long time..."
Here are a couple reasons why you might want to reconsider...

Hi folks, Brent Seavey here with XCare EV Protection, the first and only dedicated EV-only warranty, with a little XCare 101.

Extended Coverage pricing is based on vehicle age and starting miles at the time of purchase, and takes into account existing factory warranty coverage (time and miles remaining on the OEM warranty).

If you are a very light user (5-7k miles/year) then you will run out of time on your factory warranty long before you reach the maximum miles. If you only intend on keeping the car until your factory coverage lapses, you have no need for an extended warranty.
However, if you are a buy-and-hold car buyer who likes to keep your vehicles a long time, then purchasing a 10yr/75k warranty will cover your vehicle for 10 years of ownership, and allow plenty of miles for your light use case. You will also lock in today's pricing, and save hundreds off of equivalent coverage purchased at the end of your factory warranty coverage. (for a 4 year/50k factory warranty, equivalent coverage would be 6yrs or 50k miles+ purchased when your factory warranty expires).

If you are a heavy user, BUY NOW. You know who you are, you're the person who rolls 15-25k miles/year (or more) and will burn through your factory warranty coverage in 2-3 years time (or sooner).
The average Model 3/ID4/Mach-e owner in this category will save between $800-$1900 purchasing before 5k miles than purchasing equivalent coverage at the end of the factory warranty. Heavier users still (25k miles/year+) and Model S/ModelX/iPace/Rivian/Lucid Air Owners will have even greater savings.

Then there are the spot-on "national average" drivers who drive 12k miles/year, plus or minus a few. If you only hold your cars for 3-4 years, your factory coverage is more than sufficient for your use case for just about every factory warranty in the marketplace today.
However, if you like to private sell your vehicles at the end of your journey, having an extended warranty to offer a private buyer as a negotiation point may make your vehicle more attractive than others in the market at the same time (or you can get a prorated refund if your buyer is not interested).

Hope this is helpful, and we invite you to visit our new website at EV Extended Warranty | Xcelerate Auto - xcelerateauto.com for more info, insight, FAQs and our 100% transparent pricing. Have a great weekend!

Hi
I just found out about Xcare tonight and I know there are quite a few posts in this thread, but I wanted to get some information. I have a 2019 model X with around 59,000 miles and is just about to go out of warranty, that is the one year added used car warranty.

I have been debating trading in the care vs keeping without a warranty, so I am very pleased to find this option.

Now I have had a few issues since buying the used X through Tesla. All of them have been covered under the warranty. One was needing the high voltage battery replaced. I think that would continue to be covered under the battery warranty which goes to 2027. The issue is that Tesla had my car for two rounds of 3 week periods to fix the issue. Tesla was great in giving me a Tesla loaner.

How does it work with Xcare and loaners. I am not sure how it even works with tesla if an issue occurs on an out of warranty problem. Does anyone know if they still provide loaners? Is one charged for the loaner if it is an out of warranty issue? Also with Xclear how does it work?

Thanks

Reactions: XCare EV