Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor 【V2 Mud Flaps For Refreshed Model S Arrived】If you purchased V1 and would like a V2 rear mud flaps replacement, PM us!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AOSK

Former Vendor
Nov 22, 2021
california
Latest Update12/15:

Hi Owners,

We had shipped out all of the V2 rear mud flaps to Owners that purchased the V1 and contacted us. luckily Amazon was able to check in and we could make this V2 rear mud flaps arrive before Xmas! Happy Christmas to all of you.

If you purchased the V1, and would like a V2 rear mud flaps replacement and you haven't contacted me, please PM me, we will send them out ASAP!

Have a wonderful day.

Update:

Hi dear Owner,

Our new molding on the rear mud flaps is finished, please let me know if you purchased the V1 mud flaps and would like a rear set, I will keep them recorded and send them to you once they arrive in our US warehouse(expecting 25-30 days to reach US warehouse).
Thank you for all the support in the V1, and we apologize that the V1 didn't make a perfect fitment on the rear mud flaps. Owners' satisfaction is always our highest goal, We will try our best to make things go right for all of you.

Update:

Hi Owners,

First of all, thank you very much for being patient, this product has the longest product development cycle that we ever had(some owners might know that we been kept improving the design and molding a couple of times). And we had a couple of owners that kindly helped us to test out the product, we definitely know that owners are mostly very busy, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and helping us to test the samples out.

For Owners that have been helping us test out the product, if you are interested in ordering a set, please let me know, and we will make it free for you.

We currently have 100 sets on the way to Amazon(its currently at a pre-sale status that is launched automatically by amazon, the product usually arrives earlier than the estimated delivery date, it might show "out of stock" at some point since amazon usually has a limit order number for the pre-sale status, the stock number will increase as more inventory approach), for Owners that purchased the product, we would love to hear your feedback, and if you think there is anything we could make improvements on, please let us know. Because we will never know if a product is fully good for retailing before we actually sell them.

Amazon Link for the Mud Flaps
or
www.amazon.com/bestevmod

(Some Owners mentioned above that we have some mistakes on the product page, TBH, our team was still finishing up the product page, that's why we haven't posted the link in the forum, sorry for the confusion. and the price is actually $49.99, for owners that purchased at $39.99, let's take it as an early discount)

and lastly, the instruction, we will make sure to include a paper version instruction in the package in the future. but this time, please use the instruction I attached.

WechatIMG1.jpeg

Some Owners mentioned that we shall have some kind of discount in the forum since owners have been helping us test them out, and give us opinions, and been patiently waiting for this product. We think that's a great idea, instead of a discount, let's do a random draw.

Owners that placed an order, leave a comment in this thread, your comment will be an entry to this draw, and we will randomly draw three owners on Sep 15 to make your order free!

Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Thread

Hi dear Owners,

This is AOSK, we are currently developing mud flaps for Refreshed Model S, some super kind owners are helping us to test out the fitment at this stage, and once the fitment stage is finished, we will produce a couple of final samples, and test them out in daily drive, make sure they are perfect, once that's done, we will mass-produce them and bring it to the market!

Before that, I think it would be a good idea to ask for some suggestions from owners, let me know your thought, should we make some changes to the design? any suggestions on how we should make them better? anything is greatly appreciated! Thanks

The final product will be in black, these are some samples.

Fitment on the front sample is fitting perfect!
5EF2C65D-90F8-47DA-B340-7A3A1C3BFD43.jpeg

Fitment on the rear still needs some adjustment on the lower right, we are adjusting that!
9A788B16-FBE9-4FF2-9804-58A64A917451.jpeg

Attachments

• WechatIMG167.png
    WechatIMG167.png
    415.1 KB · Views: 501
  • 101669342887_.pic.jpg
    101669342887_.pic.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 111669342888_.pic.jpg
    111669342888_.pic.jpg
    849.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Folks need to get over drilling. I drilled my Model 3 and X absolutely no issue. Much rather they be secure than flimsy with some goofy clip set up. A screw or two makes them easy to remove too. There is nothing behind the wheel well except sand and grit :)
On the refreshed MS and Plaid there are coolant lines behind there....

Folks need to get over drilling. I drilled my Model 3 and X absolutely no issue. Much rather they be secure than flimsy with some goofy clip set up. A screw or two makes them easy to remove too. There is nothing behind the wheel well except sand and grit :)
I would much rather not drill. Tesla figured out a way to make a no drilling mud flap, although a shame they are too long, so others can too. No thanks to drilling, especially with coolant lines, etc. Would rather not take a chance. :)

Reactions: gbailey
I would much rather not drill. Tesla figured out a way to make a no drilling mud flap, although a shame they are too long, so others can too. No thanks to drilling, especially with coolant lines, etc. Would rather not take a chance. :)
There are no coolant lines there. There is absolutely nothing back there there except air, sand and dirt. It’s all plastic too.

Now if you use 24” drill bit you might drill into the door.

So your using the design judgement of the folks that made the wrong height mud flap as your reference to designing a good mud flap?

• Disagree
Reactions: DBV1
If they are to be useful the front ones need to be quite close to the ground. Screws suck, push pins are much better as they never rust and hold quite well. Plastic rivets are by far the best. Plastic Rivet

This photo taken just an hour ago gives you a really good idea of how much crud is thrown up onto the vehicle from the front tires. Heck it goes as high as the rear door handle! At that rate the paint will look like crap in no time however I did do full PPF. Should come from the factory with front guards IMHO.

IMG_0218.jpg

Last edited:
I love that the OEM ones have rubber on the bottom, so that if/when they hit the ground, there is some give and flexibility. I'm assuming yours is 100% plastic? As midnightsun said, they need to be quite low to get the full benefit, so is it possible to make the bottom portion of yours rubber/flexible? Nice to see you churning stuff out!

Reactions: AOSK and jebinc
I love that the OEM ones have rubber on the bottom, so that if/when they hit the ground, there is some give and flexibility. I'm assuming yours is 100% plastic? As midnightsun said, they need to be quite low to get the full benefit, so is it possible to make the bottom portion of yours rubber/flexible? Nice to see you churning stuff out!
this is a great point! thanks

Reactions: deadwynter
Great point, but for us, we try to make them using original holes or pins and add some clips, and we will definitely test them out for some time before we bring them to the market. Although a lot of owners don't care about drilling a couple of holes there, there are a pretty large number of owners don't want any there, it could be either they just don't want any on a very expensive car, or having a leasing contract, or other concerns.

That is great news! What is eta of when product will be ready for market?
we sent it for the second stage fitment test, hopefully, it goes well, and if that goes well, we will offer some test out on a couple of owners on the final products for some daily drive test, and once we confirmed that are perfect to go, it will be ready for market! I am looking at March at this point