Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor 【V2 Mud Flaps For Refreshed Model S Arrived】If you purchased V1 and would like a V2 rear mud flaps replacement, PM us!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@AOSK you should halt sales on Amazon until you have this fixed. Your mantra is ‘exceptional quality’ products and this one is marginal/fail. This is about your BRAND image and it is sad to see others jumping into the pit with us early believers and then sending them back or buying longer pins as I did etc. It really is unacceptable. As for the guy from Austria, you really should send him an instant refund to mitigate the waste of time and energy he has to go through to rightfully return these. Your brand of products is new to my garage and are on my ‘no buy list’ pending how you handle this. A lot of faithful customers waited a long time with/for you and supporting you until you released and then it was a sub par failure. Do the right thing for your unhappy customers as you will never know why your sales start to drop from others observing and considering purchasing anything from you.
Hi dear Owner,

No problem at all, we will take care of those. customer's satisfaction is our highest goal.
Owners that would like to return the product, please dm me and let us know, we will make sure things goes right for you.
and for owners that want to wait for the rear new molding, please let us know as well, simply send us a DM, and we will keep that recorded.

Thank you to all the owners, indeed, trying to make our products perfect is always our highest goal, some owners might know that we spent a lot of time sending samples back and forth and testing. the development process on this product took a very long time, we are also very disappointed that the rear set still ends up not fitting well on owner's car. We are currently still working on a new molding and trying to see how we could make it perfect, and also investigating what's causing these "not fit" issue compare to our test samples, we will try our best to address all these and make owner's that purchase happy about the product.

Update:

Hi dear Owner,

Our new molding on the rear mud flaps is done, please let me know if you purchased the V1 mud flaps and you would like a rear set, I will keep them recorded and send them to you once they arrive in our US warehouse(expecting 25-30 days to arrive US warehouse).

Reactions: gbailey
Update:

Hi dear Owner,

Our new molding on the rear mud flaps is done, please let me know if you purchased the V1 mud flaps and you would like a rear set, I will keep them recorded and send them to you once they arrive in our US warehouse(expecting 25-30 days to arrive US warehouse).
I purchased a set of the V1 flaps and would like a new set of rear flaps.

Update:

Hi dear Owner,

I sent you a PM with my info recently. Do you need the info again in this thread ?

Update:

Hi dear Owner,

I have the original set. I would like the reworked rears. Not using the original rears

we just finished the change on molding, and will make 2 sample rear sets soon, I will send it out to owners that purchased them and are willing to help us test them out.
Any news on how the new samples worked out? For the record my results were similar to others who installed the first version. Front flaps were great but the rear flaps had the problem with the inverted flange. The install was easy and my kit included all the needed clips and pins.

Folks need to get over drilling. I drilled my Model 3 and X absolutely no issue. Much rather they be secure than flimsy with some goofy clip set up. A screw or two makes them easy to remove too. There is nothing behind the wheel well except sand and grit :)
Turns out I was right on the mark on my comment above from back in Jan. Screws make for a better install. Half the issues with these flaps are due to them going with weak (horrible) clips that don’t pull the flaps in snug.

The comments on the clips not holding is interesting. Are you sure you are clamping between the back of the fender sheet metal and up over top of the rubber flap ? I had to bend my clips out a bit to to it and they are on super solid
Yes. They were hell to get back off too. Does more damage than a screw does. I could have fixed one set of flaps with screws. But the other set are so bad it wasn’t worth the trouble.

Screws hold in 3 dimensions. Clips hold in 1 dimension, if that. Bet you the clips will rust too.

Hi dear Owner,

We had finished our test on the V2 Mud Flaps! we will be sending inventory of the V2 to our US warehouse, expecting arrive in 25-30 days.
If you purchase the V1, and want to exchange for a V2 rear set, let me know, we will send them to you once inventory arrive.

Best Regards,