TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

£50K zero percent loan in Scotland

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Dan43, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Apologies if this has been covered but has anyone seen this 0% £50K loan for EVs in Scotland via Energy Saving Trust?

Electric Vehicle Loan | Energy Saving Trust

Is there a wider UK equivalent? If this is available outside Scotland I would bite on a Model S through Tesla used programme. And it applies with the £5K grant on top/alondside :)

2. thegruf

thegruf Member

Seen that. No equivalent in England and Wales.
    Bloody ridiculous it should be available in one part of the UK and not another.

(is for new vehicles only though)

3. Dan43

Dan43 Member

New vehicles only makes sense hence the grant still being applicable.

A basic 70D comes in at £49,500 minus the grant, would be tempted on a 0% alone over 6 years, with a 3year Tesla 50% guarantee on purchased price, meaning a £25K cost of ownership over 3 years, or £694 per month on that 0% offer. Would that still be worth it? Hmmm, but as I can't apply complete speculation, bah!!!!

4. thegruf

thegruf Member

deal of the century!
    It will only get more expensive from now on.

Look at the Danes, now treating MS as a full luxury car. Period. Irrespective of ZEV, taxed to hell and back.
    Can see the UK capping the £5000 subsidy next Feb too.

Still bemused by the Scots throwing money around at £50K+ vehicles, even ZEVs.
    You would have thought they'd be spending it on the NHS with all the racket they made at the election!
    But then having denounced everyones fiscal resonsibility as reckless poison, apparent John Swinney said recently that they would revers any of it.
    Hypocrites or what. Have to love political expediency.

5. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

If you plan to apply, I would not waste any time doing so as it has been out for a good month and the pot is not a terribly large one! MW

6. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Yes a rear wheel drive basic 70D is £45,300, wonder if these would hit used market next year? Can add AutoPilot as aftermarket for £2500 according to the UK site.

7. cezdoc

cezdoc Member

Many thanks for pointing this out, I was unaware of it and have now been able to bring a MS purchase forward 6 months :biggrin:. I'm not convinced it's the best use of taxpayer's money but you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

8. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Glad that worked out, shame we can't get this down here still.