Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Überturbines wheels vs tires (sizes)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, everyone. I know the rear tires are wider on the 21" Überturbines, but are the wheels also bigger?

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find the data.

Also, if you give me numbers and slashes, that means very little to me so far... I have no idea what ##/##/### means.

I'll learn it I'm sure, but still have no idea what it all means.

Basically, I want to know, if the wheels are the same, but the tires are simply bigger, once the tires wear out, can I just buy 4 identical replacement tires so rotation will be easier? (I have a feeling the answer is no.)

Thanks!

Hi, everyone. I know the rear tires are wider on the 21" Überturbines, but are the wheels also bigger?

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find the data.

Also, if you give me numbers and slashes, that means very little to me so far... I have no idea what ##/##/### means.

I'll learn it I'm sure, but still have no idea what it all means.

Basically, I want to know, if the wheels are the same, but the tires are simply bigger, once the tires wear out, can I just buy 4 identical replacement tires so rotation will be easier? (I have a feeling the answer is no.)

Thanks!
The wheels are not the same size. You would need to swap out the rear wheels to create a squared set.

• Informative
Reactions: FrankTUTB
Yes, the rear uberturbines are 1" wider. The fronts are 9.5" wide and the rears are 10.5" wide.

The tires are wider and slightly taller sidewalls than the front.

The rear tires are 275 / 35 / 21 means

275 = Tires is 275mm wide
35 = The sidewall is 35% of tire width aka 275 * .35 = 96.25mm tall sidewall
21 = rim size

The fronts are 255 * 35% = 89.25mm tall sidewall, so rear tires have about 7mm taller sidewalls than the fronts and 20mm wider (275 vs 255)