Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

‘16 Model X 90D - Driver side squealing (?) when accelerating.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

We bought our 2016 MX second hand in May. It is covered under the bumper to bumper warranty until 2023. We brought the Tesla in to the service center for a squealing and vibration coming from the driver side when the car is accelerating.

For context, I work from home and my wife is raising our baby girl. We do not drive fast since baby is always with us.

we hear the noise most in certain use cases like :

When at a red light and we need to merge and match the flow of traffic
Passing on the free way
Merging on to the freeway
Exiting off of the freeway

basically every time we completely stop and have to accelerate again. Please watch the video for sound context. Sorry for my babbling.

we are coming here because even after multiple stops at the service center none of the technicians say they’ve heard this sound before. They say it’s different from the typical axle issues they see in Model X.

Hi everyone,

We bought our 2016 MX second hand in May. It is covered under the bumper to bumper warranty until 2023. We brought the Tesla in to the service center for a squealing and vibration coming from the driver side when the car is accelerating.

For context, I work from home and my wife is raising our baby girl. We do not drive fast since baby is always with us.

Passing on the free way

basically every time we completely stop and have to accelerate again. Please watch the video for sound context. Sorry for my babbling.

we are coming here because even after multiple stops at the service center none of the technicians say they’ve heard this sound before. They say it’s different from the typical axle issues they see in Model X.
Hi everyone,

Passing on the free way

Video link

Upvote 0