Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

‘20 MXLR+ Erased Itself 2020.48.35.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came out to my garage this morning and found my ‘20 MXLR+ not warm (despite departure time set), and the screen showing software update notes. I thought it was odd because I’ve been running 2020.38.35.5 for some time now and did not initiate any software updates. I immediately noticed my profile and home link settings were gone. I confirmed I had my key fob. As I went though the menus, all my settings, Nav history, etc was gone. Even my app was not connected to the car and had to be activated.

While the car was drivable, I contacted roadside and told them what was going on. They had me power the car off 2 minutes, open the door and see if the settings came back. They did not. Roadside told me to just reprogram everything manually and they would forward me report to someone.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Is there a bigger issue?

This happened to me also

My car also seems to be acting strangely.
* I got into the car and it did not turn on (I had to fiddle a bit to get the screens to come on)
* I was talking out the garbage and usually sentry mode flashes the eyeball and blinks the lights and neither of those things happened

something is up