Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the top of my bumper scratched up by a large vehicle :(. Just took delivery a couple weeks ago so this was a tough pill to swallow, luckily no one was hurt and there was no other damage. it looks like the bumper is the only part damaged (the white mark on the lip of the hood is just paint smear that wiped off) I think the best case may be replacing the bumper since I’ve seen that tesla may charge around $350-$400 for the factory prepainted front fascia. Is this repairable or just replace? And if so anyone with experience fixing body work on a tesla have any recommendations?
Thank you!

Attachments

• AB757431-EB60-42F3-86A9-937506A97D04.jpeg
    AB757431-EB60-42F3-86A9-937506A97D04.jpeg
    889.2 KB · Views: 320
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
Just got the top of my bumper scratched up by a large vehicle :(. Just took delivery a couple weeks ago so this was a tough pill to swallow, luckily no one was hurt and there was no other damage. it looks like the bumper is the only part damaged (the white mark on the lip of the hood is just paint smear that wiped off) I think the best case may be replacing the bumper since I’ve seen that tesla may charge around $350-$400 for the factory prepainted front fascia. Is this repairable or just replace? And if so anyone with experience fixing body work on a tesla have any recommendations?
Thank you!

Tesla does sell pre-painted plastic bumpers, but the replacement will run you way more than $400.
I had similar work done 2-3 years ago, and the bumper was $900 + $175 labor to install.
Prices may have gone up since then.

Still, it's the only way to get it back to "as good as new" state.

a

P.S.: You can't really repair deformed plastic bodywork. You could make it look "better", but not "as good as new".