Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

‘chirp’ from left side when going over bumps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrklaw

Mar 5, 2020
Berkshire
Had my car for a couple of months. Only started doing this a few days ago. Going over a fairly rough road, whenever it was a biggish bump (not like a massive pothole but enough to notice it), there was a ’chirp’ kind of sound from the left side of the car, roughly around the front passenger door area but difficult to localise.

Anyone had anything like that? I’ve had it a few times since and I might need to try and record it somehow eg with phone on the passenger seat or something in case needs reporting to service team

I’ve got a similar noise coming from the driver side front pillar between windscreen and side window. At first I thought it was a speaker playing up, but I’ve managed to locate the source as coming from the pillar cover. The movement while driving causes it. If I press it relatively hard the same noise occurs. I’d recommend you just try pressing the various parts and see if you can replicate the sound.