Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“A Tesla! It’s a f*****g Tesla!”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just for fun.
We live in Orange County, where a having Tesla is not unique. We own the 3 and the X and love them both, but don’t feel particularly out of place when driving them.
We were with the X in another area and were passing a high school as the kids were getting out for the day.
One kid noticed and pointed and screamed the comment in the headline. It rippled through the kids who stopped and pointed and screamed “Tesla!”
It was pretty darn cute and reminded me that Tesla ownership is indeed special.
Congrats to all Tesla owners here!
DB143BDD-1AF3-4BC8-AC12-E3CA7E5BFC2D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter recently got married and she asked if I would drive her to and from the reception. I drove her to the reception in a blown, flamed '56 Nomad that I've owned since I was 18. And I drove her home from the reception in our Model X. I had so many folks at that wedding say to me: "That is my dream car" when they saw the X. I love the Nomad, it is crazy cool and fast, but nobody made that same "dream car" comment about the Nomad. The X is indeed amazing - and a glimpse into the future. The rest of the time I'm oblivious to how many folks think that a Tesla is their dream car.

The X pretty much upstaged this:
NomadLFHighRes.jpg

My daughter recently got married and she asked if I would drive her to and from the reception. I drove her to the reception in a blown, flamed '56 Nomad that I've owned since I was 18. And I drove her home from the reception in our Model X. I had so many folks at that wedding say to me: "That is my dream car" when they saw the X. I love the Nomad, it is crazy cool and fast, but nobody made that same "dream car" comment about the Nomad. The X is indeed amazing - and a glimpse into the future. The rest of the time I'm oblivious to how many folks think that a Tesla is their dream car.

View attachment 394093

That’s a great story!
We opened the falcon wings at an ice cream shop and every head turned inside. Pretty cool.

Way different in NorCal. Every 10th or so car I see is a Tesla. Even at the local store, it is not unusual to see 4 or 5 Model Xs in the parking lot.

But the falcon wing doors are still a showstopper. Had someone take a picture of us getting in and out of the car at a Monterey hotel. And they even drew a crowd at the GoodGuys car show here last weekend.

Reactions: TravisCindy
I love my Model 3, but the car that got the most positive attention ever was the little garden-pest green Zap Xebra. Every other car I saw, someone was taking my picture with their phone. Kids shouted "Cool car!" whenever I drove by. Smiles and thumbs-ups all around. People in parking lots commenting on how cute it was. People saying how much they'd love to have one if it had more range (stock was 20 miles, mine was 40 miles). After the Xebra, the Roadster got hardly any attention. And the Model 3 gets just a few comments. I wouldn't go back, though. Driving the Xebra always put a smile on my face, but it was underpowered and didn't have EAP.

View attachment 394093
I had my MX since of December ‘18 and I’ve heard “Nice car, that’s my dream car” at least 3-4 times, about once a month. I just say thanks but I realize I should be adding something like”You probably know it’s all electric so it’s environmentally friendly but you might not know it has nearly no maintenance costs also.” To spread the more important message about our environment.

I live in a very rural area but work across the street from the service center. So on the way to work and at work a Tesla is nothing special and I pass through the most Tesla dense part of Texas. At home, there are people that have never heard the name, let alone understand that a car can be completely electric without a engine (hybrid)