Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“A Tesla! It’s a f*****g Tesla!”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dashcam (BlackVue900) dumps still images to a server when I'm parked for the night. I flip through them - usually at breakfast. I lost count at the number of people that stop and just stand there looking at my MS. Even now they do it after two years of owning it.
I live in (very) rural NYS, south of the fingerlakes. Teslas are still pretty unique here.
And north of the Finger Lakes nobody even notices the M3, probably not even knowing what a Tesla is. Our local “Tesla club” (that’s a joke of our lunch group) has to M3 and our president is an honorary member, but he hasn’t paid for lunch yet!

That’s so cute. We are new to the Tesla family by a couple of weeks. I have two teens and the boy always points out Teslas. We have a stingray vette that looks like the damn bat mobile in the garage and the kids are more wowed by the Tesla. In fact we are driving the big kid to his prom in the X this weekend. He used to ask if he could take the vette and now it’s the Tesla

Reactions: jboy210
My daughter recently got married and she asked if I would drive her to and from the reception. I drove her to the reception in a blown, flamed '56 Nomad that I've owned since I was 18. And I drove her home from the reception in our Model X. I had so many folks at that wedding say to me: "That is my dream car" when they saw the X. I love the Nomad, it is crazy cool and fast, but nobody made that same "dream car" comment about the Nomad. The X is indeed amazing - and a glimpse into the future. The rest of the time I'm oblivious to how many folks think that a Tesla is their dream car.

The X pretty much upstaged this:
View attachment 394093

No, that car is too cool. Kids these days have no sense of style.

I own an S and an X, and sold the 3 already. Our 6 year old still yells and points when we drive past other Teslas, which is pretty damn often here in Rocklin. He's damn good at recognizing them too, except the OG roadster I had to point out to him.

That's funny, I had a similar experience, minus the swearing. Our neighbors in a small town in Oregon have an after-school program and they always take the kids to the park next to us. One evening when coming back from errands, the kids were crossing the crosswalk in front of me, and I waited for them to pass. One kid, probably 10 or 11, looked back and saw my M3 and exclaimed, "A Tesla!!" He stopped in the crosswalk and kept saying it. Finally our after school director neighbor who was waiting for the kids to cross before getting out of the crosswalk himself pushed the young dude along. I heard the school director say, "Yeah, our neighbor has a Tesla," to which the young dude exclaimed, "Your neighbor has a Tesla?!" Pretty cute. He still gets excited and waves when he sees me pass by.

Even though we're a town of fewer than 10k, there are at least 4 other M3s that I see pretty regularly. Young folks usually recognize it and some point. At the local Dutch Bros. Coffee, they recognize me for the car and the big screen on the dash. Adults usually shrug or make a comment about how quiet it is. Never had a car that got these kinds of reactions before. Pretty amusing.

We are new to the Tesla Fam. We just got our MX 3 weeks ago. Pick her up in Fremont. We currently live in Fresno(originally from OC, moving back down in a couple weeks). Here in the Central Valley Tesla are rare. Since we’ve had ours, we’ve gotten people asking us what kind of car it is. A lot of people never heard of Tesla. The Falcon Wing Doors are always a people stopper here haha. It’s funny cuz we are a young family (late 20s with a 4yr old disabled daughter). So we always get looked at/judged by people cuz we have this super expensive car, with a handicap sign for our daughter. I just always smile and wave at people when they do that though. Haha.

Reactions: MXWing
That's funny, I had a similar experience, minus the swearing. Our neighbors in a small town in Oregon have an after-school program and they always take the kids to the park next to us. One evening when coming back from errands, the kids were crossing the crosswalk in front of me, and I waited for them to pass. One kid, probably 10 or 11, looked back and saw my M3 and exclaimed, "A Tesla!!" He stopped in the crosswalk and kept saying it. Finally our after school director neighbor who was waiting for the kids to cross before getting out of the crosswalk himself pushed the young dude along. I heard the school director say, "Yeah, our neighbor has a Tesla," to which the young dude exclaimed, "Your neighbor has a Tesla?!" Pretty cute. He still gets excited and waves when he sees me pass by.

Even though we're a town of fewer than 10k, there are at least 4 other M3s that I see pretty regularly. Young folks usually recognize it and some point. At the local Dutch Bros. Coffee, they recognize me for the car and the big screen on the dash. Adults usually shrug or make a comment about how quiet it is. Never had a car that got these kinds of reactions before. Pretty amusing.

A similar experience I had at the mall here in Fresno, I was leaving Cheesecake Factory after having brunch with my daughter, and the older fella waved me down frantically, I thought something was wrong. I rolled down my window, I asked if he’s ok, he said, can I take a look inside here, he stuck his head in without me saying yes, and exclaimed “gosh darn it that’s nice!” I have a White on White MX, he said “that interior is amazing!” Then went on to ask, “how much that cost? I said “a lot” he asked “what are your payments like?” I told him “what payments?” He laughed and “you’re kidding right?” With the straightest face I could give him I replied “no”. He was like “$100k” I told him “a lot more”, and left cuz I got honked at lol.

I'd follow that kid home. If it's Orange County and that is a reaction to a Tesla, we might have another Turpin household.

Turpin case - Wikipedia

I snapped this at a red light. Guess how many Model 3s are in this photo?

Almost everyone missed a car. ;)

B6D9E856-9161-4596-A58B-5E8F3A00FE18.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Futuresystem
I'd follow that kid home. If it's Orange County and that is a reaction to a Tesla, we might have another Turpin household.

Turpin case - Wikipedia

I snapped this at a red light. Guess how many Model 3s are in this photo?

Almost everyone missed a car. ;)

Let's see, you are driving an 3 and there is one in the side view mirror.

Sad, the OC looks like every stop light in NorCal. Who every thought Teslas would be the "normal" car?

My daughter recently got married and she asked if I would drive her to and from the reception. I drove her to the reception in a blown, flamed '56 Nomad that I've owned since I was 18. And I drove her home from the reception in our Model X. I had so many folks at that wedding say to me: "That is my dream car" when they saw the X. I love the Nomad, it is crazy cool and fast, but nobody made that same "dream car" comment about the Nomad. The X is indeed amazing - and a glimpse into the future. The rest of the time I'm oblivious to how many folks think that a Tesla is their dream car.

The X pretty much upstaged this:
View attachment 394093
I imagine the X made it easy to get in/out with the wedding dress?

Until a 3 blows the Ferrari off the line.

Ferrari is soooo 20th century. A friend had one years ago- what a nightmare on maintenance!

I live in Brisbane Australia, where 3’s have yet to arrive (hopefully very soon), and S’s & X’s are still fairly rare.
(Our exchange rate, plus absolutely zero government incentives, makes them damned expensive!)

I ALWAYS say “There’s a Tesla” when I see one.

And yes, would LOOOVVEE an X!

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: thewallaby
This is just for fun.
We live in Orange County, where a having Tesla is not unique. We own the 3 and the X and love them both, but don’t feel particularly out of place when driving them.
We were with the X in another area and were passing a high school as the kids were getting out for the day.
One kid noticed and pointed and screamed the comment in the headline. It rippled through the kids who stopped and pointed and screamed “Tesla!”
It was pretty darn cute and reminded me that Tesla ownership is indeed special.
Congrats to all Tesla owners here!
View attachment 394051
Got my Model 3 Performance 2 weeks ago. Driving through my development there were 2 guys talking with a neighbor near the street. As I drove by I waved. Then I looked in the rear view mirror to see the guys near the street staring at me. I thought “that’s right, guys...it’s a Tesla!”