TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

“Autopilot Safety/Convenience Features Unavailable”

Discussion in 'Model S' started by aochoco, May 16, 2019.

1. aochoco

aochoco Member

73FC1229-7000-4702-AB93-931AA651098A.jpeg Today while driving to work, I got an alert on the dash “Autopilot Safety/Convenience features unavailable features may be restored on next drive”

It is raining, but alert remains even with wipers on and camera unobstructed.

Did the reboot with brake pedal down and both scroll wheels. Also powered car down for 5 minutes and alert comes right up.

Has anyone else experienced this alert?

2. Buddy

Buddy Member

I have. Maybe about 5 times in the past few years. From memory, these were the fixes each time it happened.

1. Recalibrated camera and sensors
    2. Replaced camera
    3. Replaced camera and recalibrated sensors
    5. Found a sensor was rubbing against front bumper, causing the multiple faults.

No issues in several months

• Like x 1
  3. R1Bill

R1Bill Member

Same issue. Took the car into the SC. They "calibrated the cameras". It worked for 27 miles. The message returned. The road lines are still there but no cars. Going back to the SC Tuesday.

• Informative x 1
  4. aochoco

aochoco Member

Did you make an appointment through the app, call the service center or just show up? This is my first time having to go to SC so trying to figure out most efficient way to get this taken care of..

5. R1Bill

R1Bill Member

The first time my car was not yet registered in my name so I couldn't make an appointment and due to the broken seat adjuster switch, was basically undrivable. They took care of me and fixed it right on the spot. After that I made an appointment thru the website. It was only a week out so no big thing.

6. David.85D

David.85D Member

I’ve had this. Make a “note” to save the conditions when it happens. Then scheduled service through the app. Mentioned I had saved three occurrences in the logs they could check. They did and ordered a camera after remote diagnosis. Have an appt this week to get it installed

• Like x 1
  7. aochoco

aochoco Member

How do I go about saving these occurrences in the car's log?