Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Autopilot Safety/Convenience Features Unavailable”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
73FC1229-7000-4702-AB93-931AA651098A.jpeg
Today while driving to work, I got an alert on the dash “Autopilot Safety/Convenience features unavailable features may be restored on next drive”

It is raining, but alert remains even with wipers on and camera unobstructed.

Did the reboot with brake pedal down and both scroll wheels. Also powered car down for 5 minutes and alert comes right up.

Has anyone else experienced this alert?

Reactions: APotatoGod
Same issue. Took the car into the SC. They "calibrated the cameras". It worked for 27 miles. The message returned. The road lines are still there but no cars. Going back to the SC Tuesday.

Did you make an appointment through the app, call the service center or just show up? This is my first time having to go to SC so trying to figure out most efficient way to get this taken care of..

Did you make an appointment through the app, call the service center or just show up? This is my first time having to go to SC so trying to figure out most efficient way to get this taken care of..

The first time my car was not yet registered in my name so I couldn't make an appointment and due to the broken seat adjuster switch, was basically undrivable. They took care of me and fixed it right on the spot. After that I made an appointment thru the website. It was only a week out so no big thing.

i had this happen about 6 weeks ago. it took them a few days to pin down that it was a corroded ground wire from the radar. so now it works ... up to 60 MPH. Then I get the red hands of death. I assume the radar needs to be calibrated yet again. This will be the third sc visit for this issue

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
I just got this message during a rainstorm yesterday afternoon. Multiple re-boots of MCU and Dash display, powered off the car, wiped off all cameras, plugged on charger overnight - still no luck. Waiting to hear back from Tesla support. I’m on 2019.32.11.1.

Its hell having to actually drive a car myself............

I’m on latest firmware and starting to receive those. Last time this happened, I was using autopilot and I received the red hand screen. It’s been three days in a row now that I have this come up. I’ve done countless reboots as well. I reported the bug through the car and also try to initiate a chat session with Tesla Support. I’m now going to schedule a appointment to get this looked at.

this is a model S form but happening on my model 3. There is no equivalent thread on the model 3 forum.

Tesla told me the radar needs to be re-calibrated. Have a service appt scheduled. Until then, I’ll need to be primitive and actually drive the car myself.

And, of course, I received the 32.12.1 update last night. Not gonna be able to try that one out for a while!

I've got this twice. First time it happened of course I was on a road trip and it came on mid drive. I tried to scroll wheel reset and it didn't do anything. I had to do a power off from the menu when I finally got to my destination and it went away. This last weekend on v10 it popped up immediately when beginning my drive. It just resolved itself after I left the car parked for awhile. Wonder if I need to get mine recalibrated as well but it's been a couple months between the two events but sure seems to happen at the most inconvenient times in my case.

I guess I didn’t notice this was for model S. I googled the notification and found this thread. I have a 2018 model 3 and received the message twice so far. I wonder if it’s my radar, cameras or sensors. I often receive the message the cameras are being obstructed but it usually has to do with the sun and resets when I’m out of the direct sun.

Reactions: APotatoGod