Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Myers, FL - Dani Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great find! I’ve only been to the other Ft Meyers location once, but I thought the food options were excellent. This will be a nice addition. 13 stalls seems odd though...
The Supercharger Station is in the process of being built out. A few days ago it was reported that there were 8 terminals. Now it is being reported that there are 13. We are hoping that there will ultimately be 20. I will continue to pass on reports by locals.

Larry

That’s a really good location.
Hi John,

Yes, I agree. I think it is rather strategically located right off of I-75 with ample nearby restaurants. Next door to the Superchargers is a new Crab House that should be having their Grand Opening in a couple of weeks. Being from the Wash DC / Maryland area, where people take Maryland style crabs seriously, I'm anxious to see how this restaurant turns out. We will probably organize a club meet-up to celebrate the opening of the Superchargers.

Larry

This station is now open and functioning.

Attachments

• IMG_6116.JPG
    IMG_6116.JPG
    776.3 KB · Views: 174
Hi Larry just put in to change supercharger to open
Thanks, but respectfully I'm afraid I don't understand what you are trying to say.

If you visit the Supercharger Station, and it is operational, it would be helpful if you took a photo of your charging display, or a photo of a green charging port light to demonstrate that it is operational.

Larry

Just like to add since I live down here and have been to both for testing. The Dani driver location is MUCH faster than the Gulf Coast Town center location. I can get 110kw+ vs 65kw and that is as the only car charging at either location.

Just like to add since I live down here and have been to both for testing. The Dani driver location is MUCH faster than the Gulf Coast Town center location. I can get 110kw+ vs 65kw and that is as the only car charging at either location.
Thanks for the information. It is of course possible that there are capacity differences between different Supercharger Stations, but generally the biggest difference is attributable to the differences in your state of charge (SoC). As you probably know to protect the battery the charge rate tapers off as the SoC increases. So to do a valid comparison your SoC would have to be the same for both situations and to a lesser degree the ambient temperature would also have to be similar.

Larry

Thanks for the information. It is of course possible that there are capacity differences between different Supercharger Stations, but generally the biggest difference is attributable to the differences in your state of charge (SoC). As you probably know to protect the battery the charge rate tapers off as the SoC increases. So to do a valid comparison your SoC would have to be the same for both situations and to a lesser degree the ambient temperature would also have to be similar.

Larry

Or the particular charging stall is defective.

Here's a photo of the 14-station SuperCharger at 9357 6 Mile Cypress Pkwy in Fort Myers, FL. Easy on and off from I-75, and lots of offerings nearby, including a "First Watch" restaurant. Great place to stop for some really high power charging.
BEC_3639.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan