Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gainesville, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting closer ... charger stall installation is happening

Attachments

• 20190318_132213.jpg
    20190318_132213.jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Informative
Reactions: Seven7 and atlg8or
  • Informative
Reactions: atlg8or and Seven7
  • Helpful
Reactions: jrreno
Only about four units with charging cables had been roughed in as of March 15. Photo would not post here.

These units are located off of SW 35th Blvd, across a driveway behind Chili’s and Starbucks, about five “blocks” east of I-75.
Also, a Cheesecake Factory is scheduled to open adjacent to the Whole Foods and behind Grub Burger in Butler Town Center.

There seems to be little if any activity this week.. I pass by twice a day to and from work. No works have been there this week and no progress noticed. Guess they are on Spring Break :)
With all due respect, you apparently aren't looking in the right place to view daily progress.

Today we have a photo that shows that the high-voltage switchgear has been installed across the street from the charging terminals.

I have updated our article. Scroll down to the bottom of the article for current status and photos.

Confirmed the location of the “Coming Soon” Gainesville Supercharger Station will be at Butler Plaza (Public)

Larry

With all due respect, you apparently aren't looking in the right place to view daily progress.

Today we have a photo that shows that the high-voltage switchgear has been installed across the street from the charging terminals.

I have updated our article. Scroll down to the bottom of the article for current status and photos.

Confirmed the location of the “Coming Soon” Gainesville Supercharger Station will be at Butler Plaza (Public)

Larry
This past week I've been by the location twice daily, around mid-day having lunch at Whole foods and the workers trucks have not even been there. Again on way home later same day 11p and no changes. Perhaps they were there yesterday or today as I didn't go by but I know for fact they were not actively working at the side Mon-Wed.

Reactions: Seven7
This past week I've been by the location twice daily, around mid-day having lunch at Whole foods and the workers trucks have not even been there. Again on way home later same day 11p and no changes. Perhaps they were there yesterday or today as I didn't go by but I know for fact they were not actively working at the side Mon-Wed.
Since you posted your comment yesterday, I assumed that you were there yesterday. Thanks for the clarification and for your continued vigilence. If you have the time please take some day time photos. Since your last visit there has been definite progress. I suspect that the Tesla contractor will be installing the Supercharger Cabinets next and pulling cables from them to the charging terminals.

Larry

Reactions: Seven7
Went by again today, Sunday 31 March, it's clearly almost done. The stalls all in and the transformer things on the other side of the road in place, I think, but not wired up yet. Just a word of advice- the guys working there are sick and tired of these Tesla people coming by and asking when the chargers will be ready- what with the local permitting and whatever is going on in Elon's brain they simply don't know, so if you ask you are just wasting their time.

Attachments

• Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Tesla-2.jpg
    Tesla-2.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 74
Went by again today, Sunday 31 March, it's clearly almost done. The stalls all in and the transformer things on the other side of the road in place, I think, but not wired up yet. Just a word of advice- the guys working there are sick and tired of these Tesla people coming by and asking when the chargers will be ready- what with the local permitting and whatever is going on in Elon's brain they simply don't know, so if you ask you are just wasting their time.
They sound like great people :rolleyes::confused:

Maybe it's old news and I missed it, but great news anyway!

Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Moderators Note June 18, 2018:
Changed title to "Confirmed the location of the “Coming Soon” Gainesville Supercharger Station will be at Butler Plaza".

Larry
I was just in Gainesville and a search of the Google Maps app came up with the location. Even though the Tesla did not show it on the map we did a drive by. The station appears to be complete except the lights aren't on and there is a construction fence around it. Looks like is is coming VERY SOON!

I was just in Gainesville and a search of the Google Maps app came up with the location. Even though the Tesla did not show it on the map we did a drive by. The station appears to be complete except the lights aren't on and there is a construction fence around it. Looks like is is coming VERY SOON!
Thanks Del,

Welcome to the forums.

Whereas all the charging terminals are installed, there still remains a bit of work to do across the street where the Superchargers are located. We are still looking for forum members to post current photos of construction progress. We haven't seen a photo that shows the utility meter yet. That will be the last thing installed before the station goes operational.

Here's an article with a compilation of construction photos obtained from this forum and from photos emailed to me.

Larry

E60C80DF-610F-4BD9-BE32-5E64ACC2C718.jpeg
2:17pm update:

Engineers are hard at work engineering transformer connections.

Engineers upgraded and now have a tent to allow them to work and be protected by the environmental elements eg. snow, rain, and sun.

New ant pile forming on supercharger 3. Will keep everyone updated. Hope this is helpful.

Attachments

• C25621F7-FB7F-43BE-B64E-5B7C2CD11F85.jpeg
    C25621F7-FB7F-43BE-B64E-5B7C2CD11F85.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 74
View attachment 394126 2:17pm update:

Engineers are hard at work engineering transformer connections.

Engineers upgraded and now have a tent to allow them to work and be protected by the environmental elements eg. snow, rain, and sun.

New ant pile forming on supercharger 3. Will keep everyone updated. Hope this is helpful.
Thanks for the update. I certainly hope snow is not an issue. ;)

Larry