Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gainesville, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
69B52D31-EB21-4778-82E8-BCED87B039CA.jpeg
D422178B-9301-4B48-8B7E-8C5996BCF051.jpeg
Yeah pretty much everything closes by 11 PM around there during the week and earlier on Sunday. I was hoping that the new WaWa that is supposed to be going in on the west side of the interstate was going to have the SC like in Orlando that would have been a good move. We would have had to wait longer for that to happen of course.

Yep..charging now

Attachments

• 85F6E63E-8B7F-4430-B778-C9A345937B62.jpeg
    85F6E63E-8B7F-4430-B778-C9A345937B62.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 87
I wonder if this is how it felt in America as ICE vehicles took hold in the age of Henry Ford...gas stations popping up and enabling longer and longer trips. It is SUCH a good feeling each time Tesla opens another supercharger location between two others, increasing optionality on highway trips and putting us one step closer to ICE-level flexibility. Can't wait for the 145kW unlock so that existing effective capacity at the current locations increases as well, alleviating supply constraints on high demand dates/times. SO COOL to be living through the transformation from ICE to EV.

I wonder if this is how it felt in America as ICE vehicles took hold in the age of Henry Ford...gas stations popping up and enabling longer and longer trips. It is SUCH a good feeling each time Tesla opens another supercharger location between two others, increasing optionality on highway trips and putting us one step closer to ICE-level flexibility. Can't wait for the 145kW unlock so that existing effective capacity at the current locations increases as well, alleviating supply constraints on high demand dates/times. SO COOL to be living through the transformation from ICE to EV.
Excellent observation!
Our Tesla club is planning on celebrating the opening of this Supercharger Station by joining the monthly Gainesville Cars & Coffee event that is held in the Whole Foods parking lot adjacent to the Superchargers. Unfortunately, their next Cars & Coffee event is planned for Mother's Day so to avoid scheduling conflicts we've decided to wait until the following event on June 9th. In a few days we will firm up things and will post the details in a sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum. In addition to our club members, we will be inviting the public to join us for the celebration.

Larry

So happy Gainesville is finally done. Complete game changer for me visiting friends and family and for college football games.

The location is also perfect with great restaurants and shopping and not far from the highway.

One place I hope Tesla does soon is Charleston South Carolina. Great place to visit and isolated from any Superchargers for now. Key West would also be nice to avoid using hotel chargers.

Reactions: suwaneedad
So happy Gainesville is finally done. Complete game changer for me visiting friends and family and for college football games.

The location is also perfect with great restaurants and shopping and not far from the highway.

One place I hope Tesla does soon is Charleston South Carolina. Great place to visit and isolated from any Superchargers for now. Key West would also be nice to avoid using hotel chargers.
Key west is coming later this year according to Tesla.

Key West would also be nice to avoid using hotel chargers.
Charge in Marathon going down, then hit it again if you have to on the way out. you can't drive anywhere when your there and Marathon is not that far from KeyWest anyway. Even Charleston, I hear people complain all the time about it. Its not that hard although I did find Nema 14-50 plug outside my hotel that made it quite nice. I did use public charging downtown in those garages also. You gotta work it a bit.

Still not working at about noon today, Jan 20th. So I thought I would check out the Electrify America thing outside Target, there are seven CCS chargers and one CHAdeMO there. CCS don't currently (no pun intended) work with Teslas, but CHAdeMO do with an adapter. So I had bought a Tesla CHAdeMO adapter years ago, but this was the first time I used it. Great big thing and I can't believe I paid $450 for it but that is what is on the Tesla site right now. So I plugged in and it worked fine though it's hard to see the instructions on the screen in the sunlight. You don't need any kind of account, just a credit card. Charged at 110A, 360V which translates to about 120 miles per hour, not too bad. In 21 minutes I got about 42 miles and it cost $5 and some cents. Seems like a viable alternative if the superchargers are down, blocked, ICEd, full, whatever, but a bit slow.

Charged at 110A, 360V which translates to about 120 miles per hour, not too bad. In 21 minutes I got about 42 miles and it cost $5 and some cents. Seems like a viable alternative if the superchargers are down, blocked, ICEd, full, whatever, but a bit slow.

So...doing the math...your total investment is only $455 for 42 miles of range.

Not sure I think that's worth it... :)