Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Congratulations you can now charge at Tesla stations”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MX and got that last night too! Funny, because we don’t have any superchargers in Hawaii
D8570D8A-BA4F-48A7-A889-B1D0EA4265FD.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: croman and aesculus
Got this on the screen this morning, the same manner as you might see release notes. (I did not get an update last night tho) still on 36.2 for a couple weeks now.
I’ve always had the free unlimited supercharging.
Just curious if anyone else has seen this?

Yes I saw this. Was going to post it, but you beat me to it!
My car has free supercharging because of referral. I wonder if this message means permanent supercharging.

The supercharging terms in my Tesla account for this car seems to have an updated date, but it will still not transfer!

"You have free, unlimited Supercharging for your current Tesla vehicle as well as any new Model S or Model X purchased before January 31, 2018. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will not transfer to the next owner. Also, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms."

I got that message as well.
I assume it means there is a payment method assigned to the car. That would be required to cover any idle fees if the car isn't moved after charging and blocks a charging stall so others have to wait needlessly.

I was thinking something to with the free unlimited supercharging that just ended with the recent referrals on new cars. Like maybe some kind of software or VIN update in their system now that it’s closed.
Who knows. Oh well, as long as I still have it no worries.
Just made me curious today

I saw this on a Reddit blog. I've got no idea as to the accuracy, but it would explain things. (Posted by “duke_of_alinor”.)

I happened to be over at the factory to charge and buy a hat for a friend so I asked at the factory showroom. Tech came from the back and rather sheepishly said:​

"It's a bug in V9. We changed the billing and had to take everyone off free supercharging then put them back on. Might take 3 days for the system to catch up with the changes. Sorry for the inconvenience". Further questions only got "just wait a while, if everyone asks it will take even longer". I thanked him for his candor.​

• Informative
Reactions: Skipdd
I saw this on a Reddit blog. I've got no idea as to the accuracy, but it would explain things. (Posted by “duke_of_alinor”.)

I happened to be over at the factory to charge and buy a hat for a friend so I asked at the factory showroom. Tech came from the back and rather sheepishly said:​

"It's a bug in V9. We changed the billing and had to take everyone off free supercharging then put them back on. Might take 3 days for the system to catch up with the changes. Sorry for the inconvenience". Further questions only got "just wait a while, if everyone asks it will take even longer". I thanked him for his candor.​
That’s sounds like a plausible answer. Makes sense.
Thanks for that tidbit.

Back to reading about 2018.39 :)