Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“FSD included package” - still included on non-Tesla used MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I’m in the uk and have just bought a late 2018 MS with HW2.5 and MCU2 from a third party trade seller who is selling a one owner car. It’s been explained and shown to have FSD. It appears that is correct - right now.
On the vehicle info screen it says “full self driving capability included package” and “standard Connectivity included package”.
I understand I need to pay 9.99 a month for premium Connectivity upgrade to get Spotify and google maps and all that jazz...
But have I also got FSD here for the whole of my time with the car, or would it be removed by Tesla when I transfer account registration with Tesla from previous owner to me, or if I send the car to Tesla for service or repair etc?
I obviously haven’t paid Tesla direct for FSD so can they/would they/could they remove it?
Many thanks - this forum is an immense resource!

...would it be removed by Tesla when I transfer account registration with Tesla from previous owner to me...

Tesla claims as @DSolie stated: FSD stays with the car regardless of ownership transfers.

However, in the past, there were cases that Tesla would remove FSD after ownership transfer and the new owner but after the bad press, Tesla finally restored the FSD back.

Thus, I would not automatically assume that Tesla honor its policy of FSD stays with the car.

For my protection, I would obtain a written record that the FSD was paid in case if there's a challenge.

Ok, that’s really helpful, many thanks.
From what I’ve now read Tesla only remove FSD when a car goes through their used car sales programme, so as mine hasn’t been bought by me via Tesla the FSD should hopefully stay.
Free AP3 is on the list along with CCS upgrade!

Reactions: Tam