Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“HI” Heat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I’ve experienced it uses your last known settings. So if you have front vents and foot vents and seat warmers, it will turn all of those on. Whoops, at least what I’m referring to is turning it on from the app. If not from the app, do you have the front vents on from menu from touching the fan icon?

From what I’ve experienced it uses your last known settings. So if you have front vents and foot vents and seat warmers, it will turn all of those on. Whoops, at least what I’m referring to is turning it on from the app. If not from the app, do you have the front vents on from menu from touching the fan icon?

Like when I get in the car and set to HI the air only come out the lower vents? Does ur car blow out the dash vents?

It does. Are you sure you have the dash vents turned on?

Hmmmm lol I don’t even know. I only use the “auto” setting. I used the app to set HI heat and when I got in the car it was only coming out the lower vents so today I got in and set the temperature up to hi from the screen and it came out the lower vents only again. But when I set to anything temperature lower then hi it blows out other vents. So when you are on auto and set to hi it blows out everywhere?

I never use auto so that may be part of it. I just manually adjust it. Every time I turn on Auto it turns the fans to 9 every time and it feels like a tornado. If you turn off auto, turn on HI and make sure the button I circled in the photo below is blue, it should come out the dash vents. As for Auto, someone else will have to help on that one.

7F6AD1D4-67EA-47AE-9A62-9017EC117CFF.jpeg

I never use auto so that may be part of it. I just manually adjust it. Every time I turn on Auto it turns the fans to 9 every time and it feels like a tornado. If you turn off auto, turn on HI and make sure the button I circled in the photo below is blue, it should come out the dash vents. As for Auto, someone else will have to help on that one.

View attachment 351443

Thanks for posting that pic. Yes when i don’t use auto it will go to whatever vents I choose, but as soon as I click auto on hi setting back to the floor it goes..

Hmmmm lol I don’t even know. I only use the “auto” setting. I used the app to set HI heat and when I got in the car it was only coming out the lower vents so today I got in and set the temperature up to hi from the screen and it came out the lower vents only again. But when I set to anything temperature lower then hi it blows out other vents. So when you are on auto and set to hi it blows out everywhere?
Heat rises. Most cars use the lower vents when running the heater. Totally normal.