Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Later this year” Changed to “Upcoming”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Tesla order page, the description of when FSD is going to be released has changed. Does this mean it is coming quite soon as Elon suggested or does it mean a delay?
B466E7EF-CDAB-43D6-94A2-DE9774317BEA.jpeg

On the Tesla order page, the description of when FSD is going to be released has changed. Does this mean it is coming quite soon as Elon suggested or dies it mean a delay?View attachment 525742

Well, the definition of the word "upcoming" is "forthcoming; about to happen". That does seem to suggest that the features are indeed coming pretty soon, as Elon has hinted. But it could also just be a way of being more honest in the advertising. When Tesla said "coming later this year" last year, it became a false promise when Tesla did not deliver. It is safer to just promise "upcoming" because that does not promise a specific deadline. It's like saying "soon". It won't be a false promise if it takes too long since you never actually promised the features by a specific date.

My guess is that Tesla thinks the features are almost ready and can be released very soon so they've decided to advertise that they are "upcoming". Just like when Tesla thought that the features would be available by the end of last year, they went ahead and advertised "coming later this year". But just because Tesla thinks the features are almost ready, does not mean that they will actually be released very soon.

Last edited:
Stop signs, traffic lights, traffic cones, garbage cans are now currently recognized and displayed on instrument clusters for those with HW3.

Next will be "respond" to those above!

Yes. And we also know that 2020.12.1 has additional assets that go with responding to traffic lights and stop signs. If I had to guess, I would say that it is possible that 2020.16 might have "traffic light and stop sign response".

Reactions: APotatoGod
need to vent.

My ap2 lease is up in 4 months....Had EAP and bought fsd day wayyyyyy back when i saw the FSD demo. No chip upgrade. (And i wont get it with priority unless i upgrade my infotainment and lose my radio and also pay 2700$)....

called tesla and they told me im beat and that there is nothing they can do about the fsd i purchased even thought they didn't deliver. EVEN IF im willing to buy a new tesla.

customer service is non existent....i spent most of my ownership experiencing autopilot during its suicidal days. But i and many owners feel that we were flat out lied to about their level of progress they appeared to have achieved when they posted their first FSD promo video back in 2016.

I was preaching tesla tesla tesla for years. Obsessed. prepared to play the long game! But after the 37 service visits....Range degradation. Range/charge rate rollbacks on the older models, removing supercharging/fast charging from salvage models? Destroyed the service center ownership treatment.....all the deceptive sneaky things they are doing to cover themselves....Now i tell people to stay away unless u want to be on the bleeding edge of tech. But unfortunately i got tired of waiting for AP. the old tesla so many owners knew and loved DIED a long time ago.

dont even get me started about how barely usable smart summon is. Maybe its because i have ap2 (which it probably is) but u dont think its crazy that they are willingly releasing products and features for older cars that are obviously sub-par and not fully functional just so conveniently before quarter reports? It seems they only act when their back is against the wall.

now the model y has a heated radar! What are they gunna do? Call back 800,000 cars and retrofit a heated radar?!?!?! Yeah ok.

with all of that said...i always give things a second chance....

Im still gunna give tesla one more chance....but Im still not upgrading my tesla until i see a major compelling refresh with the plaid powertrain/interior/exterior redesign. And if im waiting for a while....so be it.

wake me up when there are no nags and its making left turns at full 4 way intersections.

sorry about the rant.

need to vent.

My ap2 lease is up in 4 months....Had EAP and bought fsd day wayyyyyy back when i saw the FSD demo. No chip upgrade. (And i wont get it with priority unless i upgrade my infotainment and lose my radio and also pay 2700$)....

called tesla and they told me im beat and that there is nothing they can do about the fsd i purchased even thought they didn't deliver. EVEN IF im willing to buy a new tesla.

customer service is non existent....i spent most of my ownership experiencing autopilot during its suicidal days. But i and many owners feel that we were flat out lied to about their level of progress they appeared to have achieved when they posted their first FSD promo video back in 2016.

I was preaching tesla tesla tesla for years. Obsessed. prepared to play the long game! But after the 37 service visits....Range degradation. Range/charge rate rollbacks on the older models, removing supercharging/fast charging from salvage models? Destroyed the service center ownership treatment.....all the deceptive sneaky things they are doing to cover themselves....Now i tell people to stay away unless u want to be on the bleeding edge of tech. But unfortunately i got tired of waiting for AP. the old tesla so many owners knew and loved DIED a long time ago.

dont even get me started about how barely usable smart summon is. Maybe its because i have ap2 (which it probably is) but u dont think its crazy that they are willingly releasing products and features for older cars that are obviously sub-par and not fully functional just so conveniently before quarter reports? It seems they only act when their back is against the wall.

now the model y has a heated radar! What are they gunna do? Call back 800,000 cars and retrofit a heated radar?!?!?! Yeah ok.

with all of that said...i always give things a second chance....

Im still gunna give tesla one more chance....but Im still not upgrading my tesla until i see a major compelling refresh with the plaid powertrain/interior/exterior redesign. And if im waiting for a while....so be it.

wake me up when there are no nags and its making left turns at full 4 way intersections.

sorry about the rant.

Your rant is perfectly understandable.

My MSR 2019 FSD is obsessed with garbage bins. It thinks pretty much everything stationary and the size of a garbage bin must be one. I just can't wait to see what the response to a bin will be.

Automatic routing back home if it's trash pick up in your neighbourhood and your trash wasn't put out? Max speed / extra vigilance for trash trucks? What's with the trash bin obsession any how? But visualisations still don't show pedestrians on the sidewalk. Or do trash bins need special precaution when passing? May be it's just to show they can be detected and therfore avoided?