Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Legacy” M3 discounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pemple

Sep 10, 2020
US
I’m waiting for my M3 VIN to arrive which will be the ‘21 update. I reached out to the SA and asked if they were discounting the legacy models and he said yes. I told him that for a $5,000 reduction I’d consider taking one - my rationale was that I’d be losing range and resale value rather than valuing things like console changes or an automatic trunk.

He got back to me today and said that they were offering $1,000-$2,000 discounts.

I said, “thanks, I’ll wait but good luck with that!" But maybe someone will be interested.

I got VIN in Canada for a 20 waiting for delivery and was hoping they will throw in full-self driving for the obsolete model like many of their used vehicles. Instead I was offered a $1,900CAD discount. No thanks, I'll wait.

All this talk just makes me somewhat regret picking up a second 3 in June; especially since with the pandemic and only having driven a couple hundred miles so far I could have waited to Christmas or even early next week.

Oh well only keeping the car while it’s under the full 4 year warranty. By there there should be substantial undated.

Reactions: Ol'Blue
As I was getting ready to place my order, I called the Tesla store I'd been dealing with and discussed this very thing with them. They had one in the trim level I was looking for....but while it was discounted for what it was, it wasn't that much less than the brand new car I ordered. It also had 2400 miles on it. I dunno if it was a demo unit or not...but I'm thinking it might have been. It also had the smaller Aero wheels on it....despite being listed as Performance Model 3.

All this talk just makes me somewhat regret picking up a second 3 in June; especially since with the pandemic and only having driven a couple hundred miles so far I could have waited to Christmas or even early next week.

Oh well only keeping the car while it’s under the full 4 year warranty. By there there should be substantial undated.

Ha, you aren't that bad. I got my Model 3 in January of this year, pandemic hit 2 months later, and then a $2k price drop 2 months after that, and now this.