Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“More Valuable” Stealth Performance Model 3 Unicorn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It makes zero sense (or cents) that they would add hardware at no cost (brakes, spoiler, sport tires) - if it turns out the website is fragged, what will Tesla do about those that order Performance with and without?

I really hope this is the case. I currently have a LR AWD on order and I was going to get the acceleration boost. I would much rather prefer a stealth. I almost got the performance but I live in the Rockies of Colorado and I heard the 20's and lowered suspension is terrible in the snow. The stealth would be perfect. This is my first Tesla so I don't want to choose the wrong one.

20200120_085637.jpg

This is why I wanted a stealth. I have 2 other cars with 19s and 20s and I really don't see the Model 3 as a sports car though it will smoke the daylights out of my BMW M3s hahah. Its a great snow and roadtripping car tho!

Boat anchor wheels? Hilarious.

Also accurate! They're bigger, heavier, easier to damage, and don't even let you put wider tires on to make up for it!

It makes zero sense (or cents) that they would add hardware at no cost (brakes, spoiler, sport tires)

I mean...They literally did that in 2018

When they killed the P3D- the first time what they did was just drop the P3D+ price to match the P3D- and remove the ability to NOT take the extra hardware.

They added hardware at no cost.

In this case they're not doing that though.

The P3D+ price is the same as it was a month ago.

They're simply adding the choice to NOT add hardware while still charging the same as if they did.

That's win-win for Tesla- especially compared to what they did in 2018 with this.

The brake feel in regular driving is better. They just feel different.

In regular driving I almost never touch the actual brake pedal anyway though- doubly so since the new one pedal mode came out.

In an emergency stop where I do need to touch it, either will stop the car in exactly the same distance if on the same tires.

So I'll take the one that's cheaper and easier to do work on when it eventually needs it.

Well, all I know is that stealths are in big demand. When they released hundreds or thousands of them last fall, people were climbing all over each other to get them. The interesting thing was that they were not advertised. Only people on forums like this initially knew about them. Then people told others, etc. - and they all got scooped up. Now this was for only $2K more. But, I can say myself that I would have paid the current price if they could be ordered when they first came out.

I originally wanted a Performance, but did not want the ride or the hassle of the 20" wheels. So I originally ordered a LR AWD. When the stealth came out, I jumped for it - as did lots of others. People will jump for them now too.

In regular driving I almost never touch the actual brake pedal anyway though- doubly so since the new one pedal mode came out.

In an emergency stop where I do need to touch it, either will stop the car in exactly the same distance if on the same tires.

So I'll take the one that's cheaper and easier to do work on when it eventually needs it.

Ok. That’s fine. And your prerogative. :)

I for one, even aside from objective differences and brake feel - absolutely love the way the 3P+ looks. Just awesome. It’s why I bought a second set of them with PS4S on.

I wouldn't mind the bigger red calipers and any extra brake feel is welcomed too. If anyone wants to trade plus cash for the Performance brakes, PM me.

The MPP brake kit made a nice difference in the braking feel of my car though full disclosure I did not have a Performance+ to compare brake feel to; the larger rotor and feel was night and day though FWIW (== free advice ie nada)