Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“More Valuable” Stealth Performance Model 3 Unicorn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tires/wheels are a massive difference in terms of handling. The all-seasons aren’t great cornering. I don’t mean only race-track cornering, I mean spirited cornering on a day-to-day basis, especially with the kind of power the P has on tap.

For the street, the only difference in brakes that will be different is the feel. Other than that they’ll stop at the same speed.
Ok thanks for the feedback. So my thought was save the 6~7k and spend it on either springs or mpp comfort coils (since the p3d+ needs a drop imo) plus a set of 19s (got 18in aero) with good tires. I agree with the brakes...

Ok thanks for the feedback. So my thought was save the 6~7k and spend it on either springs or mpp comfort coils (since the p3d+ needs a drop imo) plus a set of 19s (got 18in aero) with good tires. I agree with the brakes...

that's exactly what i did, switched my p3d+ order to an inventory stealth car and then immediately ordered lightweight forged 19s and MPP coilovers. In the meantime it was also a bonus to not get a car delivered mid-winter on summer tires and 20s.

So my thought was save the 6~7k and spend it on either springs or mpp comfort coils (since the p3d+ needs a drop imo) plus a set of 19s (got 18in aero) with good tires.

Nothing against aftermarket springs but I would expect Tesla to do a much better job of tuning the suspension given their in-house knowledge base and intimate understanding of the car. For what it’s worth I find the P+ to be a perfect balance between performance and comfort (but I also like a more performance oriented feeling, so if you prioritize a soft ride the P+ is not the right choice).

As mentioned the low profile performance tires give a feeling of being glued to the road with no squishy feeling on hard cornering. Obviously stopping distance is much improved as well.

My friend that had an AWD on order had no idea these existed until I told him about this thread. He called his SA here in SoCal and upgraded to same color/wheels and should have his Stealth P in short order. So thank you for the info!

As an interested party, do we know whether the stealth P models have a different VIN series than AWD? This thread started to define that but seems to have gotten muddied. Seems like the insurance companies would want Tesla to keep unique series so they can set rate of very fast sedan vs hyper fast sedan. But threads over the year(s) about upgrade at the dealer from AWD to P seems to imply they are all in the same VIN bucket ....and if they are the same then I'll keep an uncork for 2018 AWD models in my hope chest for when Elon needs to stuff extra cash into a quarter. 2k difference for brand new cars bodes well for possible pricing of an uncork.

• Disagree
Reactions: MRGEDU
My friend that had an AWD on order had no idea these existed until I told him about this thread. He called his SA here in SoCal and upgraded to same color/wheels and should have his Stealth P in short order. So thank you for the info!

As an interested party, do we know whether the stealth P models have a different VIN series than AWD? This thread started to define that but seems to have gotten muddied. Seems like the insurance companies would want Tesla to keep unique series so they can set rate of very fast sedan vs hyper fast sedan. But threads over the year(s) about upgrade at the dealer from AWD to P seems to imply they are all in the same VIN bucket ....and if they are the same then I'll keep an uncork for 2018 AWD models in my hope chest for when Elon needs to stuff extra cash into a quarter. 2k difference for brand new cars bodes well for possible pricing of an uncork.

in Australia my Stealth performance is just listed as AWD Long range on the insurance certificate (even though it was declared as a performance variant)

in Australia my Stealth performance is just listed as AWD Long range on the insurance certificate (even though it was declared as a performance variant)

Mine (2020) is listed as Model 3 Performance on the invoice and on the insurance policy. In car/app it's listed as Model 3 Dual Motor with the red underline.

They have different VINs, 2020 stealth has C 8th digit while AWD has B 8th digit.
Mine has a C also.

Interestingly enough, my sales assoc called this morning and said a 2020 blue sleeper available from the factory for 51,490 with 18s so I jumped on it! And he gave me a VIN as well. But now I'm worried it may not be delivered till after 12/31 (negating $1875 ev credit) since it resets the clock?

It only took 1.5 weeks for it to go from Freemont CA to Coral Gables FL. You should receive your by mid December if you order now. The longer you wait the more delays as the holidays are rolling in quick.

Got mine yesterday. One 1inch paint mark and a slight misalignment on the trunk. Everything else all good.

Already easily the best car I've ever owned or driven. Now just waiting for it to update to v10.

It's a blue stealth with 18s. Came from Tampa to Dania beach fl.

IDK if 'unicorn' only refers to the 2018 variant but I'm having a hard time with that word nowadays for this trim.

All the stars aligned today for performance sightings. I usually see 1-2 +'s daily and 1-2 -'s weekly. Today I saw 4 +'s and 4 -'s (if the badges are to be believed).

The commute was light so maybe everyone took their fun car out for a drive. That's the most I've seen in a day thus far by a long shot.

Reactions: Sherlo
IDK if 'unicorn' only refers to the 2018 variant but I'm having a hard time with that word nowadays for this trim.

All the stars aligned today for performance sightings. I usually see 1-2 +'s daily and 1-2 -'s weekly. Today I saw 4 +'s and 4 -'s (if the badges are to be believed).

The commute was light so maybe everyone took their fun car out for a drive. That's the most I've seen in a day thus far by a long shot.

Down here in South Florida, I've seen mostly rwd models. Very rarely do I see a dual motor badge or a p3d.

A lot of model x or s though.

So if our previous argument is right all the C VINs have 980 motors and all the 2020 Bs are 990s.