Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“More Valuable” Stealth Performance Model 3 Unicorn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P3D- and P3D+ appears to be the exact same price now, it just whether or not you want all the stuff or not

Ummm what???? So instead of the P3D- only beeing 2k more it's now the full performance price? I figured it would go higher after the 2k acceleration boost option but not by that much! I'm not sure how it can be justified being the same price bit not getting the extra stuff..(wheels, caliper etc)

Ummm what???? So instead of the P3D- only beeing 2k more it's now the full performance price? I figured it would go higher after the 2k acceleration boost option but not by that much! I'm not sure how it can be justified being the same price bit not getting the extra stuff..(wheels, caliper etc)

It looks like they are selling it on range...the P3D+ range dropped to 299 on their site, and the P3D- is still 322....Sucks for me. I paid the $52k (before taxes/fees) for my stealth back in September. I could have had everything on the P3D+ for the same price

• Funny
Reactions: juanmedina
P3D- and P3D+ appears to be the exact same price now, it just whether or not you want all the stuff or not

Seeing this on the Canadian site as well. Surprised with the change but guess it means that M3P- are worth the same as M3P+ :) .

I can see some people opting out of the performance upgrade even if it doesn't drop the price. I know that the 20" rims and harder to find aftermarket wheels that fit the performance brakes made me hesitate. The longer range (518km vs. 482km) also helps.

Well that doesn't add up, the price was 50690 vs 56990 when I did it so there is a 6k difference for the optional Performance upgrade bits and yep, I got a stealth to avoid 20rims and get my own upgrades for what I wanted.

50690 is your stealth price including the 2k you paid for stealth right? So that means stealths are now technically 6k vs 2k which is a 4k increase in price.. that's exactly what I said stealths would cost now that the acceleration boost was 2k.

50690 is your stealth price including the 2k you paid for stealth right? So that means stealths are now technically 6k vs 2k which is a 4k increase in price.. that's exactly what I said stealths would cost now that the acceleration boost was 2k.

My Stealth that I bought back in September was $52k before taxes on my order agreement.

Line items from Order Agreement ...

$35,000 (Model 3)
$15,990 (Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance)

Looks like you no longer get track mode and 162mph top speed with the Stealth, according to the configurator?

If so, you are spending $4K more to get less with the new Stealth. Good job by the people that bought them before the change!

Last edited:
Looks like you no longer get track mode and 162mph top speed with the Stealth, according to the configurator?

If so, you are spending $4K more to get less with the new Stealth. Good job by the people that bought them before the change!

K, now all we need is an acceleration ++ to be released for 4k so us regular LR AWD can match the speed with a software update ;)

I'm not sure what 2k you mean, back in 2018 (June) when I ordered it, it looked a lot like it does now only less $ overall because ... reasons... AWD+ is a different animal

Do you know this for sure? Being is that is the software bit, it might just not be called out and the prior secretly-available-stealth all had the same software mine has ie track mode. Guess we'll see.

It says right on the website. With PUP free optional upgrade, you get Track and 162mph max speed. If you don’t select the PUP option, you don’t get that. Of course, all non-physical upgrades like increased speed and Track Mode are software locked.

A27B27F9-A6DA-4075-AC57-F480B7C24704.jpeg

Congrats on your Stealth! I love mine as well! Curious to what you paid for yours. I know you mention you didn't pay for a Stealth, but how do you know that you didn't pay for it in the end? Was there not a Performance line item in your order agreement? This is the only place I can see where it is mentioned with pricing info. I knew I was getting a stealth when I bought mine, so I am just curious in regard to your case. Congrats again!

Thanks for the well wishes. I’ve looked over all my paperwork. I can’t find anything noting Performance. When I went on line for pricing in July 2018 the packages were different. Again, I never knew Stealth existed until this week. I definitely would have ponied up extra to get. The only crazy theory I can guess (it’s really crazy) is that I wrote Elon in August 2018 asking him if he could give me free EAP. It was $5K at the time and put me well over $50K, which was not my plan. However, a couple of weeks later I took test drive on my birthday. Sales guy asked if I wanted to try EAP (he noted I hadn’t purchased and was nice to see if I even wanted to be tempted). I did want to be tempted, and promptly went home and added the 5K option on my on line order. Could Elon have possibly given me free Stealth? Unlikely, but it makes for a nice story........

I paid $49,990 for my stealth last June before the destination charge. That is $7k cheaper than what is available now and nearly $11k cheaper when u factor in the tax credit. I have to think some price reduction occurs on these in the future.

Same here. I just looked at my original Stealth purchase agreement from early August 2019 (see first screen capture shown below).
$35,000 for the base vehicle
$14,990 for the Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
----------
$49,990

Today, Tesla's website shows a price of $56,990 for the exact same configuration (see second screen capture from below).
As you said, that's a $7K difference in price, which is just crazy!!!
Naturally, I'm super happy for us relatively "early" adopters, but I do feel bad for the newer buyers.

The above $49,990 was before I added the 19" sport wheels (which was $1500 at the time) and FSD (which was $6000 at the time).
Today, the FSD option is $7000. So the difference in price is even greater when I include/add everything to get a true apples-to-apples comparison. The only difference I can tell is my Stealth shows the top speed of 162 mph, while the current Stealth package is "only" 145 mph.

Wow!! I'm not so sure Tesla thought this through before releasing this latest pricing strategy.... or, did they and this is just a part of their looney master plan!!!

Capture 2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the well wishes. I’ve looked over all my paperwork. I can’t find anything noting Performance. When I went on line for pricing in July 2018 the packages were different. Again, I never knew Stealth existed until this week. I definitely would have ponied up extra to get. The only crazy theory I can guess (it’s really crazy) is that I wrote Elon in August 2018 asking him if he could give me free EAP. It was $5K at the time and put me well over $50K, which was not my plan. However, a couple of weeks later I took test drive on my birthday. Sales guy asked if I wanted to try EAP (he noted I hadn’t purchased and was nice to see if I even wanted to be tempted). I did want to be tempted, and promptly went home and added the 5K option on my on line order. Could Elon have possibly given me free Stealth? Unlikely, but it makes for a nice story........

You can just check in your car if you did. If you have the red underline when you go into the “T” menu, then you have a Performance. If you don’t, you don’t.

You can just check in your car if you did. If you have the red underline when you go into the “T” menu, then you have a Performance. If you don’t, you don’t.

I have all the red lines, but because I didn’t pay for Performance I didn’t put 2 and 2 together. I feel like the luckiest guy on earth. Debating whether to go to service center to get red line added to badge. Thoughts? Maybe it’s cooler to be stealth....

I have all the red lines, but because I didn’t pay for Performance I didn’t put 2 and 2 together. I feel like the luckiest guy on earth. Debating whether to go to service center to get red line added to badge. Thoughts? Maybe it’s cooler to be stealth....

I wouldn't go to the service center. First, they'll bring up your account which shows you didn't pay for the Performance. And then you'll get into a long discussion about how you really do have a Performance, and... do you want to risk it going away? I mean really?