Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Next Weekend” is officially over and no new nav...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
Well ”Next Weekend” as stated by Elon is now officially over and no new Nav or new Maps for either of our 2017 Tesla’s.

Just another tweet post with a date and a time receipt but the “promise” “commitment” “update”, call it what you will, was “broken” “missed” “did not happen” as per usual for our two cars.

Thanks Elon :-(

Yes both of our cars have been on high speed WiFi, -4 hours for one of them, since Friday morning

Well ”Next Weekend” as stated by Elon is now officially over and no new Nav or new Maps for either of our 2017 Tesla’s.

Just another tweet post with a date and a time receipt but the “promise” “commitment” “update”, call it what you will, was “broken” “missed” “did not happen” as per usual for our two cars.

Thanks Elon :-(

Yes both of our cars have been on high speed WiFi, -4 hours for one of them, since Friday morning
Since you own two Teslas you know that updates are sent out to the fleet over days to weeks. The only update that went out to all cars almost at once was a security update a few years ago.

I got it in my AP1 car. But then we've been ignored for the last 2 months so maybe it has something to do with how long since your last upgrade. By the way, couldn't tell much of a difference over a moderately long drive this weekend. Definitely seems smoother but that's about it. No change to the AP at all. No change in the smoothness of lane changes for AP1 either.

Reactions: DriveMe
I think we need to make a careful distinction between an update not going out and you, personally not receiving an update. I don’t have the new maps either(still on 10.4, despite being on wifi every night on a 1Gbps connection). But there’s a world of difference between an update announced by Elon just never going out and me just not having it yet. Even if we don’t have it, we know it exists and we can see others using the final version of it.

Reactions: Bilen

What reasonable interpretation of "start rolling out" means you're entitled to receive it immediately?

Many people here have reported they did in fact receive the update this weekend, thus the "promise" "commitment" "update" would indeed seem to have been met.

Have another cup of that kool-aide Yep that’s what I need. To be fair a useless Christmas Easter egg was rolled out in a couple of days. It can be done IF Tesla chooses. Drink up

To be fair I have been a Tesla owner since 4-2015. I wouldn’t drive any other car. Just gets old that my cars are at the very end of the update cycles. I’ll get the new Nav & 2012.12 when 2018.2X comes out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Give me a “Big Gulp” size of that kool-aide to hold me over

I have the new maps still looking for that revolution however....

tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Evoforce and BigD0g
At some point, Elon is going to have to stop with the lies. That's what they are, lies. Just tell the freaking truth, why is that so hard? I'm not saying they're intentional, a lie can be a lie even if it's not intentional.

I'm tired of "elon time" or "tesla time" or whatever excuse we've come up with over the years to justify the constant lies. Elon/Tesla lie so frequently that it's nearly impossible to find any truth... When have they EVER been right about any futuristic statement they've made? In all honesty I can't think of one... There's always an excuse of some kind...

It's to the point where I don't believe anything Elon/Tesla says...

Jeff

I got it in my AP1 car. But then we've been ignored for the last 2 months so maybe it has something to do with how long since your last upgrade. By the way, couldn't tell much of a difference over a moderately long drive this weekend. Definitely seems smoother but that's about it. No change to the AP at all. No change in the smoothness of lane changes for AP1 either.
I have AP1 and lane changing is silky smooth. Even changing lanes while in a turn works 100% perfect everytime.

Reactions: kingjamez
At some point, Elon is going to have to stop with the lies. That's what they are, lies. Just tell the freaking truth, why is that so hard? I'm not saying they're intentional, a lie can be a lie even if it's not intentional.

I'm tired of "elon time" or "tesla time" or whatever excuse we've come up with over the years to justify the constant lies. Elon/Tesla lie so frequently that it's nearly impossible to find any truth... When have they EVER been right about any futuristic statement they've made? In all honesty I can't think of one... There's always an excuse of some kind...

It's to the point where I don't believe anything Elon/Tesla says...

Jeff
This is very true.

When I was on the fence about buying my S, I didn't think/know to come here to suss out reality vs "what Elon says", and as a result was incredibly disappointed with my first 4 months of ownership. When my AP2 car was delivered, it didn't even have cruise control, meanwhile the site's marketing material talked about features like EAP taking exits, and featuring videos of a model S not only self-driving, but opening the door like a Model X does... so their marketing hype and reality are WAY out of sync. Yes, we on this forum now justify it... but it's only because we've lived through it too many times.

We may be super-fortunate to have cars that get regular updates, but in my 25+ years of BMW ownership, not once did I ever have a feeling of my expectations and their marketing being out of line with what my cars ever did... including my weird i3.

Any truth to the rumor that complaining gets one's car sent to the end of the update line? :)
Nope. None at all. I love my car. There’s nothing wrong. :D

The problem with this rollout vs something like Ho Ho Ho is that was a normal, smallish release. For this first you have to have 2018.12. Then you have to get the maps download. (Which I still don’t have after four days, I have to say!) And then it has to process those somehow, reboot once or twice more, and then you’re done.

So; yeah, this is going to be a while before we all get this.

• Informative
Reactions: morrisdl