Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Production tracker” some SA’s have info without VIN’s??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like I’ve seen a number of posts where people are getting info from SA’s where they have projected build dates and other information WITHOUT a VIN.
My SA, in NC, said he has no such access to such a tool but that it may be something being tested in CA or elsewhere.

Thoughts?

I feel like I’ve seen a number of posts where people are getting info from SA’s where they have projected build dates and other information WITHOUT a VIN.
My SA, in NC, said he has no such access to such a tool but that it may be something being tested in CA or elsewhere.

Thoughts?
I'm guessing your possibilities are as follows:
1. some SAs are making things up to make customers feel better
2. there is a tool that is difficult to use so some SAs don't want to put in the effort
3. there is a tool that is not widely known so only some SAs know about it
4. ???
5. Profit

I bought from the Austin Domain location. I called that location and was kicked to what I assume was a call center. The rep told me they can look into the system based on my phone number and find additional details.
I may just take a shot and call some out of area dealer. I did even chat into the main support site… no luck. Same answer, no VIN yet so no info.