Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Service Unavailable” error message within Upgrades tab in dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced this issue where “Service Unavailable” error message pops up in the Upgrades tab in the dash?

I’ve had this persistent error message since February 6th. Prior to that, it was perfectly fine. The service center took a look at it and noted that there weren’t any hardware issues. I’m losing a little faith in the service center since they can’t seem to figure out the problem nor are they doing a deeper dive into it.

For what it’s worth, I added this issue along with the fact that my software update check is never current and only points to February 6th but never the current timestamp.

While it’s not necessarily a major issue, it’s a bit frustrating that the service center isn’t providing a solution.

If anyone has experienced this, please advise!
AB19C1D0-1CF1-4DB3-8E35-4455860ED03B.jpeg
C20EC534-6DC8-47CC-ACBD-BCE092DF3C38.jpeg

My issue resolved itself yesterday after a mobile service call which has been waiting on a part delivery was completed (unrelated). My guess is that update checks and upgrade are blocked while a service call is active so the techs aren’t chasing a moving target if they’re trying to diagnose things. My helpful tech couldn’t find anything in tech notes about it but agreed it made sense.

Can anyone else having the issue of the update check date/time not updating confirm they have an open service call?

I wanted to purchase "Premium Connectivity" via the upgrades tab in the car, as I couldn't do it via the app. Called Support. Turns out that permission to buy upgrades wasn't granted to my (app) account, but my girlfriend who has her own subaccount had. They switched it, and I was able to upgrade via the app. For what it's worth, the upgrades tab in the car still displays "service unavailable"