Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Systems Are Powering Up. Press Brake When This Message Clears

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps I need to investigate the USB issue. I have one of these plugged in all the time.
71Hnavoeo4L._SX522_.jpg

Amazon link

I get this message every day. It only shows up when the car has gone to sleep though. If I run into a store and come back, no message. After work I always have this message.
Me too. This started after i got the new maps update on my model s 60 non AP.

Every morning so far since last 3 days. Twice after work. Ill remove usb and see if that helps. Usb was not a problem before.

Happened to me too. Tesla says firmware bug. “Future” release will fix it.

For me it happened twice when I tried to summon out of garage using keyfob - basically the car did not ack the summon keyfob press (no blinking lights) and when I opened the door the car was in this state - blank MCU and systems powering up. Resettable by reboot from MCU. But frustrating no doubt.

I’ve had car not being tracked by nav (car position stuck on map) which does not reset by MCU reboot but only by the cold power off reset. Also had the car autopilot not engageble during a driving session - some people had reported that too.

Kinda smells like a hardware issue but when I took the car for service got the response that they tested it and it was working fine (98% of time it is working fine). And the comment about future firmware fixing it seems a bit thin ....

Anyone ever tried to ask if Tesla knows about a firmware issue how they track it (internal bug #) and when a firmware release addresses it ?

I wasn't concerned about this until reading this post, you've received the message twice?

I see this message 4/5 times I get into my car, its literally almost every single I get in the car, and have noticed sometimes it appears for 2 seconds, others for 30 seconds, but never longer than say 45 seconds tops.

Should I have this looked at, or wait for a firmware update? I'm still on 2018.10.4 (2016 P100D)

Couple other things that worry me (please let me know if anyone else has encountered this):

> The car will randomly put itself into park while going in reverse. This has happened to me 3-5 times and its very abrupt as you are slowly backing out of a parking space only to be thrown forward and your car will no longer move, why? Its now in park.

> Light fan humming coming from front left tire. I used to hear this all the time after parking in my garage but it would go away, only recently have I noticed I'll hear it anywhere from 5m - 4 hours after a drive still running.

Thanks

> The car will randomly put itself into park while going in reverse. This has happened to me 3-5 times and its very abrupt as you are slowly backing out of a parking space only to be thrown forward and your car will no longer move, why? Its now in park.
Any chance you're lifting your butt out of the seat to look?

> Light fan humming coming from front left tire. I used to hear this all the time after parking in my garage but it would go away, only recently have I noticed I'll hear it anywhere from 5m - 4 hours after a drive still running.
Probably the superheat condensor fan. Normal, depending on how hot it is. It cools the freon which cools the pack and interior.

Thanks for the input @rooter ! With the most recent occurrence of the backing up / parked issue, yep I definitely had at least half of my weight out of the chair as I turned to look over my shoulder (old habits die hard). I will give this a test tonight as I back out of my garage.

Sounds like I shouldn't be too worried about the fan, I will keep an eye on it and the 'Systems Powering up' message once new firmware roles my way.

Thanks very much!

Probably the superheat condensor fan. Normal, depending on how hot it is. It cools the freon which cools the pack and interior.

Since the summer heat hit in our area, the car does make a bit of motor noise when I first start off. I am sure this is the same issue (cooling fan) and it goes away after about 10 minutes of driving.

Just found this thread. I never had this problem on my 2016 85D. Just got a new 75D and it happens more often than not. Usually takes 30 seconds. That does not seem like a lot, but frustrating when I am rushing to work in the morning, or see a break in traffic and want to pull out before it returns.

I should have said also that "Systems Are Powering Up" is exactly what you'll see when the ICU can not establish communications with the MCU.

It will time out after about 45 seconds and you can drive, if the MCU doesn't come around.

In most cases it'll be a firmware bug, but if the MCU stays black in an older car the eMMC may be worn out. (Flash memory inside the MCU which the Tegra processor boots from)

This message is driving me nuts! It seems totally random. If I stop and return to my car 30 seconds later, it can appear. 20 minutes later, not at all. More often than not, it appears. It takes at least 10 seconds to clear, though often takes 30 seconds.

I have called Tesla on this, who say it is a firmware issue. Whatever it is, it is not tolerable and completely unacceptable. I have had several times were I had to get going immediately and was just stuck there. Having a cop yell at me to move car forward in my kid's school carpool lane, and cannot, is really embarrassing.

I have seen something similar, but I have found a pattern to mine. It has happened both times after 1am on a Saturday evening and both times I was leaving a friends house. I get in my car and the IC screen is booting up with the T logo on it. Then that message will pop up for 10 seconds or so. Im thinking maybe there is an auto system reboot maybe at 1am on the weekends if the car has been sitting for a while.