Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“TESLA” in headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody know how the Tesla wording gets added to the headlights for the light show? You can actually see the wording in the lens during the show but it’s not there during normal operation. Seems like this feature has been in the car just for whenever they decided to enable it.

Anybody know how the Tesla wording gets added to the headlights for the light show? You can actually see the wording in the lens during the show but it’s not there during normal operation. Seems like this feature has been in the car just for whenever they decided to enable it.
No, the matrix lights are not yet supported. The three channel lights on S and X are supported, however.

Last I read it will be (maybe) 2023 before matrix headlights will be legally able to operate and do what they're designed to do in the U.S. But with you know who running NHTSA, and hating all that is Tesla, who really knows.

Tesla isn’t the only automaker to use Matrix LED’s…..

Even if the admin really did have it out for Tesla, they wouldn’t hold back a change in headlight regulations that would also benefit other manufacturers just to mess with Tesla.

Reactions: afadeev and Matsayz
Matrix headlights are now legal here in the USA (part of the Infrastructure Bill). Just some final regulations have to be finalized. I am not quite sure how long it can take. But I would bet, that Teslas will be the first cars using matrix headlights on the US roads. See more here: