Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Vehicle Shutting Down” “Unable to Drive”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, Model Y Performance, less then 500 miles, and going 40 MpH and I get this message, car slows down, and as it stops the rear motor makes a shuttering sound and jerks to a full stop.

WTF........

now waiting for a tow, it’s only A 120 minute wait according to roadside help text.

Attachments

• 9EE1321E-8108-4969-8DBB-622FD0E93947.jpeg
    9EE1321E-8108-4969-8DBB-622FD0E93947.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 217
  • Informative
Reactions: CO_MY
Wow, this that disappointing for sure. Sorry this is happening too you, hopefully it is a simple fix.

I hope so, the good thing is the error went away, so I can drive it back to my house that was/is only 1 mile away. I asked customer service if that was ok, and they said to go slow. He said the errors were registered and we'll see what service center says. Hopefully they can provide a loaner of some sort, with labor day weekend I doubt I can get it back today.

Anyone else have this problem with their Y? I've only had it 3 weeks, built date of end of July.

Thanks

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
From my experience, the time they give you is the time until the tow truck finishes their current job, that does not include the time it takes for them to get to you.

Explains why I am 3+ hours already and no one in sight. App says “help is almost here!” For the last 1 hour. I love the car and the company but this is not fun!

It’s an issue with the last software update. Nothing wrong with your car ... same thing happened to me and service center found nothing wrong. A new software update was pushed through today to fix this. If you get out of the car, let it lock/shut down and then get back inside the message goes away and you can drive it again ... no need to tow.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
So how can I contact Tesla, to find out "officially" that the software update will fix this issue? The car is already at service center with an approx. 5-10 business days to take a look at it.