Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Vent” app feature cracks open just 3 of the 4 windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my MY for 3 weeks and just noticed the vent feature is just opening 3 of the four windows. The rear passenger window stays closed. Otherwise the window operates fine. I read somewhere about resetting the window by holding down the window button for more than 30 seconds alternatively in both directions but this didn’t help. Anyone else encounter this issue?

I have a fix for you to try because I had the same thing. Sit in the rear passenger seat where the non-op window is. Hold the window down buttons for 10 seconds (window will go down + keep holding) then hold the window switch up for 10 seconds (window will go up + keep holding). Now get out and try the vent feature again.

Apparently, at least in my case, the car didn’t know the window position so didn’t lower it. This procedure resets the window position sensing and my vent feature worked again on that window.

Hope this helps!

I have had my MY for 3 weeks and just noticed the vent feature is just opening 3 of the four windows. The rear passenger window stays closed. Otherwise the window operates fine. I read somewhere about resetting the window by holding down the window button for more than 30 seconds alternatively in both directions but this didn’t help. Anyone else encounter this issue?
Hi
New to Y. What is this vent feature you are talking about?
Thanks.