Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“We’ll now connect you to the nearest Service Center based on your area code” $!&@?!&#%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before, the 877 number would just connect you to the nearest SC based off area code without telling you. I wasted a ton of time describing my problems over the phone to a service tech (who was super nice and polite), but like midway through when we were working on the logistics I sensed some duress in his voice, and eventually he's like "I need to check with my manager but I don't know if we can dispatch a flatbed that far…"

And that's when I found out he was in Cleveland OH trying to help me in California…. :D
Do they answer the phone 'Tesla' and not 'Tesla Cleveland'?! That's one side-effect of having no idea who/where you are talking to (from the SC's point of view). I would have thought I was talking to central dispatch!

Do they answer the phone 'Tesla' and not 'Tesla Cleveland'?! That's one side-effect of having no idea who/where you are talking to (from the SC's point of view). I would have thought I was talking to central dispatch!
They did! Nothing clued me in to the fact that it was a Cleveland SC and not a central customer service agent like how Roadside Assistance worked!

Props to that service advisor though, before I explained the misunderstanding he really was trying to help me halfway across the country!

Reactions: boaterva
Yeah, that is USELESS in this day and age, based on cell phone portability. Someone with no knowledge of modern telecom set that up... OMG is all I can say (ran PBXs for years....).\

Anyone have a good address to complain to about this? This idea is strictly from the landline days....

Agree, in this day where the car AND most probably a smartphone app have built in GPS, even a simple IVR lookup of “home” and “closest” service centers and then presenting the option would be pretty trivial.