Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor “X-Care EV Protection” - First 3rd Party Service Agreement for Model S, Model X and Model 3!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

XCare EV

Global Vendor
Feb 13, 2019
McKinney, TX
Listings
Hello TMC community!

We are VERY excited to announce a product that we have been working on for the last several months…”X-Care EV Protection” - the first (and only) vehicle service agreement for Model S, Model X, and Model 3!

Xcelerate Auto, in partnership with Endurance Dealer Services and AmTrust Financial, have been designing a service agreement from the ground up to work for EVs with a focus on Tesla Model S, Model X, and Model 3.

X-Care was designed to fit Tesla’s nationwide automated service process. Similar to the manufacturer’s warranty, X-Care covers parts and labor with the exception of the high voltage battery and drivetrain, in attempt to mirror the factory bumper-to-bumper warranty as closely as possible.

We also have also established a referral program with a free code for all of you to use for a discount.
(see "Referral Program" section below)

New York Times - "Xcelerate to Sell Third-Party Warranties for EVs Including Teslas"

Market Watch - "'X-Care EV Protection' - First 3rd Party Service Agreement for Tesla"

Vehicle Eligibility
  • Model S, Model X, and Model 3
  • 2012-2019
  • 0-100,000 miles on odometer (125,000 for other EVs)

Product Highlights

• Exclusionary Coverage (exclusions stated in attachment)
  • $100 Deductible
  • Highlighted Covered Items;
    • MCU, Instrument Cluster, Internal Charger, HVAC, Door Handles/Falcon Wing Doors, Sensors/Cameras, Air Suspension, Sunroof, etc.
  • Emergency 24/7 Roadside Assistance
  • Trip Interruption Coverage

See, learn, and purchase X-Care EV Protection directly online at www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care

How does it work?

When you have a vehicle issue…

1.) Call custom 1-800 number for Tesla Claims

2.) Relay concerns to product trained X-Care representative

3.) Schedule service appointment on App

4.) X-Care rep relays all concerns and payment info to Tesla

5.) Once vehicle is completed with service, X-Care pays covered claim minus $100 deductible

Ownership Process

1.) On www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care, enter your vehicle information and select coverage option

2.) Enter your contact information along with VIN

3.) Upload a newly taken photo of your Tesla “T” pop up screen and instrument cluster (Model 3 owners, just your Tesla “T” pop up screen)

4.) Enter Referral code, accept terms and conditions and check out via paypal/credit card

5.) Immediately receive email confirmation with copy of contract. Within the month, we will send you an “X-Care Members Card” that has all of your specific information along with the steps behind your claims process

Referral Program

We have made a custom referral link for all TMC members to use below.

Referral Code = “XcelerateTMC

This will save you $100 at check out (except FL). Upon payment confirmation, you will also receive your own referral code. Get 3 customers to purchase with your referral code and we will give you a free Wheel and Tire protection!

If you have any questions, feedback, or looking for coverage that is not being offered online, please reach out to us at [email protected]

Attachments

• X-Care EV Brochure.pdf
    566.1 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
What states is this available in? Every state I've checked says it's not available yet. What are your time frames for nationwide coverage?

We are currently live in the following states; AR, CO, DE, DC, FL, ID, IN, KS, KY, ME, MA, MI, MT, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, PA, RI, SD, TN, TX, VT, WV and WY

Each state requires a specific license to be filed and approved by the state. We have filed for all states and get updates weekly. If you submitted your email in state rejection page, then we will follow up when we open up in your state. If you didn't please do so, feel free to reach out to me directly - [email protected]

Not California which has the most Teslas?

Unfortunately, the state of California doesn’t legally allow administrators to sell service agremeents direct to consumer. They can only be sold by a dealer within the state along with the vehicle. We have filed our license for the state of California and signing up dealers to sign on with X-Care so pre-owned Teslas on dealer lots can be X-Care protected.

I wish the policy structure was different.

Unfortunately, the state of California doesn’t legally allow administrators to sell service agremeents direct to consumer. They can only be sold by a dealer within the state along with the vehicle. We have filed our license for the state of California and signing up dealers to sign on with X-Care so pre-owned Teslas on dealer lots can be X-Care protected.

I wish the policy structure was different.

Are you sure. I got a Lexus also and I called a dealer out of state which was $800 cheaper for the same genuine lexus extended warranty and it worked fine. they entered it in the computer, send me the paperwork, i signed it and sent it back. Done deal. I went to my lexus dealership for maintenance a few months after and I asked if I had the extended warranty. They said yes.

Reactions: XCare EV
Are you sure. I got a Lexus also and I called a dealer out of state which was $800 cheaper for the same genuine lexus extended warranty and it worked fine. they entered it in the computer, send me the paperwork, i signed it and sent it back. Done deal. I went to my lexus dealership for maintenance a few months after and I asked if I had the extended warranty. They said yes.

Vehicle Service Contractor Provider "Please be aware that service contracts may only be sold by automobile dealers incidental to the business of selling or leasing automobiles. Consequently, service contracts may not be sold directly to consumers over the Internet or sold by financial institutions."

We are not able to sell via the internet. I think maybe they were able to because it was through a dealer which brings an interesting point. I appreciate that feedback and will take it and see what we can do.

After looking at what is excluded... What are the things that are included? It excludes all wiring, batteries, inverters, brakes, suspension, rust, etc. What is covered? The autopilot hardware and screen?

@Ejl80 This is the number 1 question we get and happy to expand further.

X-Care EV Protection is an exclusionary policy. The exclusions are similar to the exclusions in Tesla’s ESA. If it's not specifically listed in these exclusions, then X-Care will cover it. The battery and drivetrain are covered under your separate 8 years Tesla battery and drivetrain warranty that is transferable.

We actually do cover wiring and suspension (with the exception of the shock absorber component), these were not listed in the exclusions...The largest items and most recurring that owners have spoken about are; MCU, Instrument cluster, window regulators, Sensors, cameras, wiring harnesses, air suspension/suspension, pano roof issues, door handles, falcon wing doors issues, charging issues, charge port doors, your internal heating systems/AC system (HVAC Systems), Electronic controls module, and the list goes on, all of which would be covered under X-Care.

"Inclusionary Service Agreements" tend to be less reliable because they only cover what is specifically mentioned, rather than covering everything unless specifically excluded. In a product with tens of thousands of parts, a consumer would prefer the latter because it increases scope of coverage.

As far as rust/corrosion or body damage - that is generally not covered under any sort of warranty. If you see one that does, please let me know and I would love to review.

We really benchmarked this product to the Tesla ESA and how their exclusions are worded.

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot
@Ejl80 This is the number 1 question we get and happy to expand further.

X-Care EV Protection is an exclusionary policy. The exclusions are similar to the exclusions in Tesla’s ESA. If it's not specifically listed in these exclusions, then X-Care will cover it. The battery and drivetrain are covered under your separate 8 years Tesla battery and drivetrain warranty that is transferable.

We actually do cover wiring and suspension (with the exception of the shock absorber component), these were not listed in the exclusions...The largest items and most recurring that owners have spoken about are; MCU, Instrument cluster, window regulators, Sensors, cameras, wiring harnesses, air suspension/suspension, pano roof issues, door handles, falcon wing doors issues, charging issues, charge port doors, your internal heating systems/AC system (HVAC Systems), Electronic controls module, and the list goes on, all of which would be covered under X-Care.

"Inclusionary Service Agreements" tend to be less reliable because they only cover what is specifically mentioned, rather than covering everything unless specifically excluded. In a product with tens of thousands of parts, a consumer would prefer the latter because it increases scope of coverage.

As far as rust/corrosion or body damage - that is generally not covered under any sort of warranty. If you see one that does, please let me know and I would love to review.

We really benchmarked this product to the Tesla ESA and how their exclusions are worded.

Thank you for expanding further. I realized later that my question may have come off sarcastically, I just really don't know the kinds of things that go wrong on a Model 3. Thank you.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I'm not worried about the cost of repairs per se. Being several hundred miles from the nearest service center, I am worried about the cost of *towing* the car to service centers and back. (Once my grandfathered "Anywhere" policy runs out, Tesla charges $3/mile, so it could be several thousand dollars per visit!!!) Any product for that?

Reactions: XCare EV
I'm not worried about the cost of repairs per se. Being several hundred miles from the nearest service center, I am worried about the cost of *towing* the car to service centers and back. (Once my grandfathered "Anywhere" policy runs out, Tesla charges $3/mile, so it could be several thousand dollars per visit!!!) Any product for that?

This is a good question and even double checked with some key people to make sure this was the case...

X-Care comes with 24 hour Roadside assistance and towing service so long if your vehicle is considered "disabled" (if it is unable to be driven). The contract states the following dealing with Towing Service.

"Towing Service: We will cover in total any tow of the covered Vehicle up to fifty (50) miles or less to the Selling Dealer (as long as the Selling Dealer has vehicle repair capabilities). If the Selling Dealer is located over fifty (50) miles from the disablement location, or does not have repair capabilities, then Your covered Vehicle may be towed to the nearest alternate qualifying repair facility."

So yes, towing would be covered in this situation since Teslas can only be serviced at Tesla service, the "alternate qualifying repair facility" would be your nearest Tesla service center.

Based on some feedback from some TMC members, we just released some new coverage options that, in most scenarios, priced cheaper than the ESA.

What's new?
  • 2018-2019 Model S, Model X and Model 3 with up to 30,000 miles
    • Now have a 5 year and 125,000 mile option. If you are in the category, then you will likely go through your factory warranty quickly and want to provide coverage well above 100k miles
  • 2014-2017 Model S, Model X, and Model 3
    • We added a 6 year and 75,000 mile option. This is great for owners that have two years left on their factory warranty and looking to own their car for a while. You can now purchase this X-Care coverage option that is priced cheaper to the ESA (in most scenarios). No need to wait until you are on the bridge of warranty expiration.
  • Live in a new states
    • We are now live in Hawaii, Maryland, Minnesota, and Oklahoma! We have a lot of people waiting in other states that we will reach out to once we are live in those states.

Use Referral code: XcelerateTMC at checkout for you $100 discount!

Please let me know if you have any questions!
[email protected]

I have a few questions, it says you don’t cover the shock absorber but you do cover the Air suspension system. So this basically means if a line blows out, the compressor dies, the sensors for leveling etc are bad it’s covered just not the actual air bag/shock absorber unit correct?

I’m a little confused on that as I’ve asked Tesla this and have been told under the ESA that if the air portion of the shock were to spring a leak or tear they would cover it, but if the shock absorber was just worn it wouldn’t be covered.

Second it says that it excludes TPMS. Is that the whole TPMS system or just the in wheel sensors? If my main TPMS module were to fail would that be covered?

Do you work directly with Tesla regarding what is and isn’t covered? If I have to bring my car in for service will my service advisor know what I’m supposed to pay and what the warranty is covering? How does that all work? Do I pay for the repairs and get reimbursed, does it work like my health insurance and I just sign the work order and they call you then send me an invoice for what wasn’t covered?

I also have a question regarding the states that the warranty is available. If I recently moved from California and my license is changed but the car is still registered in California (still waiting on the bank to coordinate with the DMV) do I have to wait until the vehicle has a title issued in an eligible state or is the owners residency what matters?

The process to buy the warranty seems pretty simple. Is there any kind of inspection process my vehicle goes through when I buy the coverage? One of my main concerns is all the horror stories when it comes to third party warranties and denied claims. I’m really hesitant to lay down five grand on a warranty just to have something like an MCU, a charger or a Heating/cooling component fail and to get stuck with a bill because the claim was denied for some arbitrary reason. This is the first warranty of its kind for a Tesla and I’m very interested but that is a major hang up for me as that’s a lot of money to go throwing around. I believe in the reliability of these cars and I’m willing to lay the money down for the coverage but my mom always told me to spend my money wisely and some reassurance that my money and this product isn’t for nothing if it comes down to me actually having to use it would be appreciated.

These are all great questions and happy to help explain further.

I have a few questions, it says you don’t cover the shock absorber but you do cover the Air suspension system. So this basically means if a line blows out, the compressor dies, the sensors for leveling etc are bad it’s covered just not the actual air bag/shock absorber unit correct?

I’m a little confused on that as I’ve asked Tesla this and have been told under the ESA that if the air portion of the shock were to spring a leak or tear they would cover it, but if the shock absorber was just worn it wouldn’t be covered.

Correct and by the sounds of it, we are in the same position as Tesla. If the shock absorber needs replacement due to standard wear and tear, then that will not be covered. If any component around that has issues, that would be covered under X-Care (such as compressor, reservoir, pressure lines, height controller, sensor, module, control arms, knuckle, stabilizer bar, etc.). The only component that would not be is the shock absorber.

Second it says that it excludes TPMS. Is that the whole TPMS system or just the in wheel sensors? If my main TPMS module were to fail would that be covered?

The TPMS exclusion under X-Care refers to the sensors themselves. The system that controls the sensors would be covered. The sensors themselves would not be.

Do you work directly with Tesla regarding what is and isn’t covered? If I have to bring my car in for service will my service advisor know what I’m supposed to pay and what the warranty is covering? How does that all work? Do I pay for the repairs and get reimbursed, does it work like my health insurance and I just sign the work order and they call you then send me an invoice for what wasn’t covered?

This video should be help explain the claims process.

1.) There is an X-Care hotline for Tesla customers to call in for any issues. This is when we start the claim. (these are product trained individuals).
2.) You then schedule service on your phone - our team on the backend will call Tesla on your behalf so the local service center is aware.
3.) Once your vehicle is complete, you will have your advisor call our hotline which we will give them credit card payment minus the $100 deductible that you will pay directly to Tesla.

I also have a question regarding the states that the warranty is available. If I recently moved from California and my license is changed but the car is still registered in California (still waiting on the bank to coordinate with the DMV) do I have to wait until the vehicle has a title issued in an eligible state or is the owners residency what matters?

We just need a current address that is where you currently live. If that address is in a state we are live in, then you are good to purchase.

The process to buy the warranty seems pretty simple. Is there any kind of inspection process my vehicle goes through when I buy the coverage? One of my main concerns is all the horror stories when it comes to third party warranties and denied claims. I’m really hesitant to lay down five grand on a warranty just to have something like an MCU, a charger or a Heating/cooling component fail and to get stuck with a bill because the claim was denied for some arbitrary reason. This is the first warranty of its kind for a Tesla and I’m very interested but that is a major hang up for me as that’s a lot of money to go throwing around. I believe in the reliability of these cars and I’m willing to lay the money down for the coverage but my mom always told me to spend my money wisely and some reassurance that my money and this product isn’t for nothing if it comes down to me actually having to use it would be appreciated.

We understand the negative sentiment for 3rd party warranties and customers previous horror stories. we are not here to defend other people, but set a new example for how products like these must operate. Our intention is not to deny claims, our goal is accumulate data to better the product, not just for Tesla's, but for all EV's. We made X-Care with the highest coverage option (exclusionary) so we wouldn't be in a situation where we are looking at denials. Because of this, if it's not specifically mentioned in the exclusions, then its covered.

There is no inspection process but we do ask for a photo of your instrument cluster and Tesla "T" pop up screen that must be current. This validates the VIN, odometer and will tell if there are any alerts that your vehicle is currently displaying. There is a 30 day and 1,000 mile period where you can get a full refund. If you choose to cancel, then we refund you a pro-rata refund. X-Care is also transferable to any new owner.

We created X-Care with a prominent leader in this space, Endurance Dealer Services, that was also forward thinking and wanted to question the status quo. We partnered with AmTrust financial as the underwriter for every X-Care contract (A rated by AM best). We, Xcelerate, have been working with Tesla as a leasing partner since 2014 and our VP of Sales is a former Global Manager at Tesla.

Top 3,446 Reviews and Complaints about Endurance Auto Warranty