Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor “X-Care EV Protection” - First 3rd Party Service Agreement for Model S, Model X and Model 3!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 30 day/1000 mile wait period is in place because we do not send out inspectors prior to initiation of the warranty contract. This period helps ensure pre-existing conditions are addressed prior to coverage start.
sounds good. so we have to satisfy both the days and mileage right? as in, if after 30 days, I've only driven 800 miles, I need to drive another 200 more before I have satisfied the requirement?

No, the mobile charger is not covered. All the internal charging equipment, inverters, transformers, rectifiers etc are, but the mobile connector is not. They are just too subject to abuse, and can be easily swapped out with somebody without coverage and claimed.
I see that you have a referral code on the first post. Any current promotion for blackfriday 2020? Onsidering getting a 4 years option shortly.

I see that you have a referral code on the first post. Any current promotion for blackfriday 2020? Onsidering getting a 4 years option shortly.
The referral code is open ended, so whenever you're ready we're here! We are continually making sure our pricing is the best we can offer, so you can feel comfortable when you purchase you are receiving our absolute best!

The referral code is open ended, so whenever you're ready we're here! We are continually making sure our pricing is the best we can offer, so you can feel comfortable when you purchase you are receiving our absolute best!
Purchased a 4 years coverage minutes ago.
Can you explain more about the trip interruption and tow service? How is that compared to AAA coverage?

Purchased a 4 years coverage minutes ago.
Can you explain more about the trip interruption and tow service? How is that compared to AAA coverage?
100 miles or more from home, we cover up to $200/day in lodging/meals/incidentals. Towing is up to 50 miles, and includes towing for lack of fuel (electricity). Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to XCare. Any more questions, feel free to call me at 630-849-4233

Happy to help. Simply call the toll free number on your XCare membership card to report the problem, then call Tesla Service to schedule your appointment as usual. Upon arrival at Tesla Service, give them your XCare claim number and toll free number and ask them to call when the issue is diagnosed and at the end of the repair to be paid.

Daytime running lamps. From what I understand, in the Model S these are sealed and require a whole new housing unit to get the daytime running lamps going again. Its not a simple wear and tear item, and costs around $1000 to replace. Is this covered by X-Care?

Daytime running lamps. From what I understand, in the Model S these are sealed and require a whole new housing unit to get the daytime running lamps going again. Its not a simple wear and tear item, and costs around $1000 to replace. Is this covered by X-Care?
Yes the replacement of the entire housing is the only way to fix it, and is covered by X-Care. We have already seen this quite a few times. X-Care does not exclude the headlight assembly.

Yes the replacement of the entire housing is the only way to fix it, and is covered by X-Care. We have already seen this quite a few times. X-Care does not exclude the headlight assembly.

The language of the PDF seems to conflict with this. In fact it leaves me wondering what IS covered, as the exclusions feel so broad.

EXCLUDED ITEMS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: Scheduled maintenance, adjustments, and wear items. Alignments, coolants, 12V lead-acid batteries, drive battery, battery cable, electric motor, hoses, clamps, belts, mobile connector, wall connector, any future connectors, and any related charging adapters, tires, wheels, wheel covers, wheel lugs and lug nuts, valve stems, light bulbs, interior LED lighting, lenses, brake rotors, brake drums, brake shoes, brake pads, upholstery, paint, glass, trim, moldings, weather strip/ body seals, door bushings/bearings, body panels, sheet metal, bumpers, frames and structural parts, sub-frames, brackets, convertible top assemblies, vinyl top, environmental waste charges or disposal fees.

I guess "light bulbs" and "lenses" doesn't really mean the same thing as a full headlight assembly, so I may be over-thinking it. We recently bought a 19 M3 that we will likely keep "forever" like the last car it replaced. Having the EV motor and some things like cables and hoses seems broad, since there's so much going on with the battery heat management system, for example. I fully understand the batteries themselves not being covered.

I do really appreciate having a vendor here on the forums engaging meaningfully!

The language of the PDF seems to conflict with this. In fact it leaves me wondering what IS covered, as the exclusions feel so broad.

I guess "light bulbs" and "lenses" doesn't really mean the same thing as a full headlight assembly, so I may be over-thinking it. We recently bought a 19 M3 that we will likely keep "forever" like the last car it replaced. Having the EV motor and some things like cables and hoses seems broad, since there's so much going on with the battery heat management system, for example. I fully understand the batteries themselves not being covered.

I do really appreciate having a vendor here on the forums engaging meaningfully!
We are here to support our community, as we are all ex-Tesla employees and contractors, we all drive Teslas and we love the Tesla mission. There are two ways to set up an extended warranty company, either you can set it up to deny as many claims as possible or to give the best coverage possible. We chose to design the best possible coverage, with the least exclusions and to always make our decisions with the best interests of our members in mind. We strive to always be the best choice, and hope to one day help you protect your ride. Any questions, hit me up at [email protected]

Is there expected to be a price or coverage difference on buying now versus later? I know, you want to make a sale today and not next year, but... We have a 2019 with 17k miles, so plenty of time to make a decision before the OEM bumper to bumper expires. Does the price change if we were to buy later? I know you can't predict necessary market changes, but is it EXPECTED to change?

Is there expected to be a price or coverage difference on buying now versus later? I know, you want to make a sale today and not next year, but... We have a 2019 with 17k miles, so plenty of time to make a decision before the OEM bumper to bumper expires. Does the price change if we were to buy later? I know you can't predict necessary market changes, but is it EXPECTED to change?
Our rates for Model 3 and Y are still in their introductory phase, and our claims history is still limited. As more claims come in, our underwriting may raise rates to adjust to the changing situation, but so far so good. Generally, you can save anywhere from $500-800 on your coverage when purchased early, ie. an 8yr/100k coverage at new vehicle purchase is about $600-$800 less than a 4/50 at 49-51k miles. We're here no matter when you decide, and always invite your questions!

This is why I didn’t buy. The pdf seems to exclude almost everything.

This is why I didn’t buy. The pdf seems to exclude almost everything.

After reviewing all of this thread and other discussions on forums and Reddit, and the answers directly from them, it seems like you and I were a little too cynical. People report good results with them. The headlight issue was eventually resolved, and sometimes I think that how a company resolves problems says more than just never having any problems at all. So I'm going to buy, likely very soon.

Reactions: XCare EV
After reviewing all of this thread and other discussions on forums and Reddit, and the answers directly from them, it seems like you and I were a little too cynical. People report good results with them. The headlight issue was eventually resolved, and sometimes I think that how a company resolves problems says more than just never having any problems at all. So I'm going to buy, likely very soon.
So happy to hear that, and we look forward to helping protect your Tesla! We really do want to make sure our members are taken care of, and genuinely appreciate the very kind words. Talk to you soon! Brent