Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

≡ Or 3, which one you like to be on the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some use Model ≡ and some use Model 3 to identify the next Tesla mass market EV. For those don't know, ≡ is 3 in Chinese by the way.

So which one you prefer to adorn the new model on the left side of the rear part? I think
≡ is better than 3. Imagine: 3 on left side and 45, 45D, 60 or 60D on the other side; how boring.

Most of all, I just want it to be on time.

Does it really need to say "Model" anymore?

3-60, 3-70 etc
or
≡-60, ≡-70 etc. Admittedly the numerals need to be in the Tesla font for that to work.

M360, M370. M3-60, M3-70 etc etc

(Eta: Lol ItsNotAboutTheMoney beat me to it :) )

The ≡ is a cute idea, but it's a disaster in many ways. You want people to be able to recognize the name of the car so if they see that badge on the rear of the car they know what to Google when they get home (or as they drive :/). Even on this forum, some people call it the Model ≡ and others Model 3. I'm the kind of nerd who has a character sheet right next to my computer here and I still don't remember how to type ≡ (Alt+240) since it's not even Windows/ANSI (most sheets show 240 as ð).

So I'd be happy either way, but I wouldn't blame anyone in marketing insisting they put some sort of unique identifier on the back of the car. Maybe just "Model ≡" on one side and "3-50" or "3-60" on the other.

Some use Model ≡ and some use Model 3 to identify the next Tesla mass market EV. For those don't know, ≡ is 3 in Chinese by the way.

So which one you prefer to adorn the new model on the left side of the rear part? I think
≡ is better than 3. Imagine: 3 on left side and 45, 45D, 60 or 60D on the other side; how boring.
Since it was originally. meant to be E, I prefer to refer to it as the E, with the bar to the left side of the

No he didn't. He said simply, "Perhaps three horizontal lines" which could be "---". He has since referred to it as the "Model 3" in his tweets.

As always, I could be wrong, and my statement even suggested that I was unsure. That being said, I'm going to look tonight and see if I can locate such a quote about what numeral / icon / character would be used, according to Elon.

As a side note, why would anyone interpret "Perhaps three horizontal lines" as "---" in this situation (I'm not saying that you're wrong about the possibility, I am asking why any car maker would make a car named "Model ---"?) "Model ≡" actually makes sense. "Model ≡" also fits with the, "it was supposed to be 'Model E'" story.

As for the use of the "≡" character vs the "3" numeral here in the forum, why would we think that our usage in this forum would be any basis for the actual outcome?

And sure, he does use "Model 3" in his tweets... it's a single character to press on his keyboard, very simple, easily searchable, and public friendly. On the Mac, I must enable Unicode Hex Input, then type "Option+2261" to get a "≡" Though, I've setup Text Shortcuts so that when I type "M3" my Mac changes it to "Model ≡" automatically. Not a lot of people will know these tools / features exist, or how to use them.

≡ 2261
☰ 2630
199px-Evolution3glyph.png

_81200761_hamburger-icon.jpg

Om_symbol.svg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_(number)

As always, I could be wrong, and my statement even suggested that I was unsure. That being said, I'm going to look tonight and see if I can locate such a quote about what numeral / icon / character would be used, according to Elon.

As a side note, why would anyone interpret "Perhaps three horizontal lines" as "---" in this situation (I'm not saying that you're wrong about the possibility, I am asking why any car maker would make a car named "Model ---"?) "Model ≡" actually makes sense. "Model ≡" also fits with the, "it was supposed to be 'Model E'" story.

As for the use of the "≡" character vs the "3" numeral here in the forum, why would we think that our usage in this forum would be any basis for the actual outcome?

And sure, he does use "Model 3" in his tweets... it's a single character to press on his keyboard, very simple, easily searchable, and public friendly. On the Mac, I must enable Unicode Hex Input, then type "Option+2261" to get a "≡" Though, I've setup Text Shortcuts so that when I type "M3" my Mac changes it to "Model ≡" automatically. Not a lot of people will know these tools / features exist, or how to use them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456867160.518278.jpg

I would say this is pretty straight forward