Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

≡ Or 3, which one you like to be on the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ≡ is a cute idea, but it's a disaster in many ways. You want people to be able to recognize the name of the car so if they see that badge on the rear of the car they know what to Google when they get home (or as they drive :/). Even on this forum, some people call it the Model ≡ and others Model 3. I'm the kind of nerd who has a character sheet right next to my computer here and I still don't remember how to type ≡ (Alt+240) since it's not even Windows/ANSI (most sheets show 240 as ð).

So I'd be happy either way, but I wouldn't blame anyone in marketing insisting they put some sort of unique identifier on the back of the car. Maybe just "Model ≡" on one side and "3-50" or "3-60" on the other.

What about "Model 3" on one side and "≡60" on the other?

Then people can go home and Google "Model 3", which will naturally lead them to "
≡60" and the like.

It will say "Model 3", so people new to Tesla know what it is and how to pronounce it.

Imagine someone new to Tesla seeing a car with the Tesla logo and "Model ≡" on the back. They'll have no idea what it is. They can't ask their friends about it or Google it. "I saw this new car with a bunch of random symbols on the back. No name. I wonder what it was?"

What's the easiest way to type the ≡ on a Mac?
Dead easy
System Preferences
Keyboard
Text (tab)
Hit the + to add a new replace
type the letters you want to use (I chose m 3 s together)
Hit tab key
cut and paste ☰ from this thread
hit return and close sys prefs
Now every time you enter your chosen string of characters you get ☰
:)

- - - Updated - - -

I think Tesla is to young/new and modern/digital to use Morse code in their model naming ;) Or have you seen any "Model ···" yet?
this just proves that the age of this board isn't young enough yet :)

RearView.jpg

The ≡ can be hard to read. It is not unusual that I get tailgated by people trying to read the logo.

(Also "Model ≡" isn't searchable on the forum.)

Use 'Model 3' or 'Model Three' when typing headlines or titles to new threads and everything should be fine with search engine indexing.

Sorted.

Something tells me that when there was a Pininfarina Sigma Grand Prix race car there weren't so many complaints over the chosen emblem on their enthusiast message boards in 1969...

50ecfdc133ace8fbc60a5e2e01cb3cd7.jpg

And Mitsubishi had no problem putting the emblem on their cars years ago:

anriki7412-img600x450-13805159584hx2ik22264.jpg

I think it will be the symbol on the car, just like it is the symbol when reproduced in the Tesla logo.

In written text, it will be a '3', just like Tesla is typed out as 'Tesla' and not 'T≡SLA'. That's just cheesy. And it's like nails on a chalkboard when I see it here in posts.

It would be like seeing everytime someone typed Tesla, that they typed '
T≡SLA', again and again. Cute once. More than once? Annoying. Totally annoying. Like the teenage girl who dots her i's with little hearts.

Sincerely,
Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 5.59.02 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: jkk_
I think it will be the symbol on the car, just like it is the symbol when reproduced in the Tesla logo.

In written text, it will be a '3', just like Tesla is typed out as 'Tesla' and not 'T≡SLA'. That's just cheesy. And it's like nails on a chalkboard when I see it here in posts.

It would be like seeing everytime someone typed Tesla, that they typed '
T≡SLA', again and again. Cute once. More than once? Annoying. Totally annoying. Like the teenage girl who dots her i's with little hearts.

Sincerely,
View attachment 113412

I love that - T ☰ S L A is just the Tesla "mark" or logo isn't it, so Model ☰ will likely just be the same and be written as Model 3 everywhere else.
We will have to see what happens to Tesla and Elon tweets after the reveal.
Will it be 3 or ☰
Will we be the teenage girls or grown adults - who knows with this forum :biggrin: