Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

≡ Or 3, which one you like to be on the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it will be the symbol on the car, just like it is the symbol when reproduced in the Tesla logo.
It would be like seeing everytime someone typed Tesla, that they typed 'T≡SLA', again and again. Cute once. More than once? Annoying. Totally annoying.

So w now know it's you Bonni who Red Sag was talking about. Service centers and the Model 3 - Page 4 :biggrin:

Thank my lucky green bars she's not a mod.

Pretty sure that's not how it works, legally...

Well, if I was Ford and had gone to the trouble of blocking Tesla's use of "Model E", I think I would want to defend my position if Tesla used the same symbol they use everywhere else for an "E" on the car in this way. I'm not a lawyer and so cannot say myself whether this is "how it works" as you say, but it sure seems logical to me.

I think they will have to use the number 3. The font on the badge of the car is different from the logo and wont seem right. Especially as they don't use the when writing the "E" MODEL.

2013-tesla-model-s-rear-badge.jpg

Which is the "E" in Tesla. They got shot down by Ford who own "Model E" and I think Tesla would be in breach if they used the same symbol that they do for the "E" on the car like that.
I'd love to see Ford try... Then they'll have to explain why they don't have a problem with the Mercedes-Benz E-Class.

Well, if I was Ford and had gone to the trouble of blocking Tesla's use of "Model E", I think I would want to defend my position if Tesla used the same symbol they use everywhere else for an "E" on the car in this way. I'm not a lawyer and so cannot say myself whether this is "how it works" as you say, but it sure seems logical to me.
I am not a lawyer, but I happily argue with them all the time. Take a look at the Tesla Motors website using your handy dandy mobile device of choice. You'll see that they use the same symbol to represent the 'MENU' option there. It is what some refer to as a 'Stacked Hamburger Icon'. So no, it isn't just the letter 'E' that is used 'everywhere else' by Tesla Motors.

I think they will have to use the number 3. The font on the badge of the car is different from the logo and wont seem right. Especially as they don't use the when writing the "E" MODEL.

I think this 'looks' plenty 'right':
Tesla%20Model%203_-_RED%20LOGO%2002.png

I would like a debadge option. Is that something offered by Tesla for the Model S?
First ones were didn't come with badging. All Signature series were 85s anyway, so badging didn't matter much. (edit: forgot that P was an additional cost that most just did) When the badges came later, I didn't have them put one on so mine's still badgeless. ... don't need no stinkin' badges.

Last edited:
It's going to be the
so Elon can keep the inside joke alive, despite Ford's threats regarding the original plan for a Model E
s≡x
and it will continue when they unveil the Model Y...
s≡xy

You rang? :wink: BTW, I don't care if it's "", "3", "W" or "M", as long as the car looks good I'll be happy (and ordering one).

Hasn't Tesla/Elon already said it will be the three stacked lines? Kind of the E in the Tesla logo? I like it. SEXY.
I believe he said, "Maybe three horizontal bars", though he never specified whether they'd be stacked on top of each other like the E in the Tesla font. For all we know they could be arranged in a triangular fashion -_- or _-_, but that would be rather silly.

Ref: Elon Musk on Twitter: