Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

≡ Or 3, which one you like to be on the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hasn't Tesla/Elon already said it will be the three stacked lines? Kind of the E in the Tesla logo? I like it. SEXY.

I believe he said, "Maybe three horizontal bars", though he never specified whether they'd be stacked on top of each other like the E in the Tesla font. For all we know they could be arranged in a triangular fashion -_- or _-_, but that would be rather silly.

Ref: Elon Musk on Twitter:

Post 20

The ≡ is a cute idea, but it's a disaster in many ways. You want people to be able to recognize the name of the car so if they see that badge on the rear of the car they know what to Google when they get home (or as they drive :/). Even on this forum, some people call it the Model ≡ and others Model 3. I'm the kind of nerd who has a character sheet right next to my computer here and I still don't remember how to type ≡ (Alt+240) since it's not even Windows/ANSI (most sheets show 240 as ð).

So I'd be happy either way, but I wouldn't blame anyone in marketing insisting they put some sort of unique identifier on the back of the car. Maybe just "Model ≡" on one side and "3-50" or "3-60" on the other.
Most of the luxury brands don't want you to remember the model number. They only want you to remember the brand. That's why companies like BMW and Mercedes use very short, unmeaningful, alphanumeric model names.

I think Tesla needs to do the same and drop the "Model" part of the name, And use only ≡.

Reactions: linkster
I expect the badging will be the same as they are currently showing on the Model 3 page:

Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 8.38.23 AM.png