Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor ► APEX Wheels | 20" VS-5RS Sprint Line Forged Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First I'd like to say, I am fascinated with the design of VS-5RS. Having a 20 inch version is definitely welcome for people who like the looks of 20 inch wheels but hate the heavy stock Uberturbine rims.
I was about to join the Gang then I noticed something: 20x9 and ET34 is exactly the same as stock Uberturbine wheels, in your pictures the wheels seem to be flush with the fenders, was this car running on spacers? You offer a much better offset (combining with width increase) for the 19 inch version, I don't get why you choose to be conservative on 20s.
People who would choose 20 inch wheels for this car are mostly after the looks, requiring spacers for a flush look (or even OEM+) is beyond me...

Reactions: KyleM3
I’m also curious to know if you’re using a spacer and also the tire size.
First I'd like to say, I am fascinated with the design of VS-5RS. Having a 20 inch version is definitely welcome for people who like the looks of 20 inch wheels but hate the heavy stock Uberturbine rims.
I was about to join the Gang then I noticed something: 20x9 and ET34 is exactly the same as stock Uberturbine wheels, in your pictures the wheels seem to be flush with the fenders, was this car running on spacers? You offer a much better offset (combining with width increase) for the 19 inch version, I don't get why you choose to be conservative on 20s.
People who would choose 20 inch wheels for this car are mostly after the looks, requiring spacers for a flush look (or even OEM+) is beyond me...

Those images are renderings showing the 20" wheel diameter on the Model 3. Yes it is the factory width and offset by design, because these are meant to be direct replacements for the factory wheels. In the past we have seen buyers form into 3 different categories for wheel desires. OEM, dual purpose, and dedicated track (or mostly track), and wheel sales follow that trend.

Sounds like you might be best suited for the 19x9.5" setup we have by, or perhaps one of the future sizes/designs we'll have in 20" for these cars. Remember this is just round 1, plenty more to come :)

Just came across these from EAS Instagram. Got super excited when I saw the Anthracite and offsets on the smaller versions, but was disappointed when I saw the 20” missing more aggressive offsets and that colorway. Bummer.

Those images are renderings showing the 20" wheel diameter on the Model 3. Yes it is the factory width and offset by design, because these are meant to be direct replacements for the factory wheels. In the past we have seen buyers form into 3 different categories for wheel desires. OEM, dual purpose, and dedicated track (or mostly track), and wheel sales follow that trend.

Sounds like you might be best suited for the 19x9.5" setup we have by, or perhaps one of the future sizes/designs we'll have in 20" for these cars. Remember this is just round 1, plenty more to come :)
Sorry, but you don’t find it slightly disingenuous to post up a bunch of photos in a group buy thread that misrepresent how the wheels for sale will actually look on the car once received? You don’t actually have a set of these wheels available to put on a car for photos yet?

Reactions: yjypm
Sorry, but you don’t find it slightly disingenuous to post up a bunch of photos in a group buy thread that misrepresent how the wheels for sale will actually look on the car once received? You don’t actually have a set of these wheels available to put on a car for photos yet?
Hi, we're talking a few mm, which would be very dependent on camber settings and tires used. But I can understand the frustration. It's not like we showed 18" wheels or even a different design.

Anyhoo, this deal ends in a few hours, so last chance for those to join in who want to lock in bog savings!