Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

テスラ スーパーチャージャー Japanese Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: JayInJapan
So regarding Kisarazu location - How bad is the traffic congestion around this area? I have been in severe traffic jam causing one hour around Kisarazu area, on weekends. Is it better on north side of the entrance?

Hi Hiroshi,

Traffic through Tokyo was a nightmare two days ago. I stayed on the surface street as long as I could, and passed lots of cars on the Shutoko. When I got close to the Aqua Line tunnel, I got on the highway. Traffic flowed in the tunnel and on the bridge. The SC is off the first exit from the Tokyo side; it’s very close to the Aqua Line.

Tesla navi routed me through Tokyo from Tokyo Disneyland Resort. Wife said google maps routed us through Chiba; that must have been the quicker route. We wanted to check out that over-the-water SA.

Reactions: hiroshiy
FYI: I just got a notice that the Palace Hotel’s SC will have a new policy starting February 1st: 1) there will be a ¥1,000 charge for valet, and 2) there’s a 60-minute limit for parking before parking rates apply. I couldn’t tell if having a meal at the hotel restaurant has an effect on the charges.

Can anyone clarify?

Reactions: hiroshiy
FYI: I just got a notice that the Palace Hotel’s SC will have a new policy starting February 1st: 1) there will be a ¥1,000 charge for valet, and 2) there’s a 60-minute limit for parking before parking rates apply. I couldn’t tell if having a meal at the hotel restaurant has an effect on the charges.

Can anyone clarify?
Tomorrow we'll have a party at Tesla Aoyama with the person responsible for supercharging in Japan. I will try to ask him the question - I usually have lunch or dinner in the hotel when charging, but as many Tokyo residents do not have home charging, there are a lot of owners just give the car to the valet for charging and eat/drink/shop elsewhere. Bad decision on Tesla - if they had installed 8 stalls self park It would be totally different!

Reactions: JayInJapan
Tomorrow we'll have a party at Tesla Aoyama with the person responsible for supercharging in Japan. I will try to ask him the question - I usually have lunch or dinner in the hotel when charging, but as many Tokyo residents do not have home charging, there are a lot of owners just give the car to the valet for charging and eat/drink/shop elsewhere. Bad decision on Tesla - if they had installed 8 stalls self park It would be totally different!

Did you get any info Hiroshi? Sorry to bother you.