Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

名古屋ストアオープン Nagoya store opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DSC_7126-1920x1080.JPG
Hi, Jay, it went very well I think. No new announcements, but a lot of people including owners, reservation holders and some selected press are there. There are two floors and both were very crowded like a club!
They had an X in the center and did some speech from the regional manager of Asia Pacific and the country manager, with an interesting LED performance show. Very little finger foods as usual and some drinks.

After the party 18 S/X owners went to the after-party at Furaibo, chicken wings place, a Nagoya speciality. We had 9 owners (including myself) coming from Tokyo and had a very good time together, talking about how he is addicted to Tesla, how to make autopilot hands-free, etc.

After the after-party, I drove back to Tokyo, but some stayed and went to an owner's house, with 100% service-center like Tesla themed garage, with Tesla logo with backlight, Tesla red wall paint, etc... I only saw in the photo but I first thought it was taken at a service center somewhere in the US... Couldn't believe it. He got Tesla logo data from the HQ, got the paint number as well to exactly match the paint color.

I drove without charging from Tokyo to Nagoya with 77km rated left, and on the way back charged for 20 minutes at Hamamatsu supercharger.

Hiroshi, thanks for the report. The building looks great! Nicolas Villeger and who else did the speaking? I'm sorry to hear no new announcements. I like to hear the latest. I love those wings from Nagoya. Sorry I missed the party. It sounds like your X has great range. Now is perfect driving temperatures.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Hiroshi, thanks for the report. The building looks great! Nicolas Villeger and who else did the speaking? I'm sorry to hear no new announcements. I like to hear the latest. I love those wings from Nagoya. Sorry I missed the party. It sounds like your X has great range. Now is perfect driving temperatures.
I think Nicoras quit already - AP regional manager is Robin (don't have his business card handy so couldn't find his last name) and country manager seems to be the Asian-American guy you've met before at Aoyama.

Range is good, but the efficiency is far from Model S... approx. 10% worse. Still taking more time to getting used to this higher consumption.

First time to use Autopilot for 300km+. It was refreshing. I drive relatively fast with less breaks, but with AP I thought I can drive more than 500km-600km in one day. Tesla still hasn't fixed AP reduced speed issue between Hamamatsu and Toyota-Higashi. I mentioned this briefly to Robin and he said he'll make sure it's fixed in the future updates.

Reactions: JayInJapan
Nicolas quit?! Wow, that was fast. I do like AP1. It really helps on long drives. I don't know about the reduced speed issue in just one area. I get it at lots of IC and PA/SA exits. I still get it around the occasional truck, but it's much better now.
So you get reduced speed AP warning in many places? That sounds unusual. I haven't gotten that warning from Tokyo toll gate to Hamamatsu. During the drive AP was engaged all the time and AP set to 100 or over 100.

I don't get a warning. My car rapidly slows down from 80/100 to 40/60. If there are cars behind me, I have to use the accelerator to maintain speed. Once past the exit, the system stabilizes.
I think that's not normal... Maybe difference between AP1 and AP2, but in my experience with AP1 loaners, I haven't seen such behaviors. Somebody in the Japanese mailing list said he needed to hard reset something to fix similar issues.

I don't get a warning. My car rapidly slows down from 80/100 to 40/60. If there are cars behind me, I have to use the accelerator to maintain speed. Once past the exit, the system stabilizes.

I'm now runing with 17.18.50. It's nearly perfect when on Tomei (東名), Chuo (中央道) and Daisankeihin (第三京浜).
Before 17.11.10 (perhaps 8.1?), I seldom ran into the situation like you when passed the exit of highway.

Reactions: hiroshiy